• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Pokémon TCG Weekly Trade Post - January 20-26

    Pokémon TCG Weekly Trade Post - January 20-26


    Weekly Trade Post - January 20-26

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:05 PM PST

    Post your in-game trade offers here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    That mood when you manage to pull 4 Dedenne-GXs... all untradeable.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:36 AM PST

    Question: Just rejoined Ptcgo after 2 years, how much is a shaymin worth nowadays?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Determining value of Rare Item Cards.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I see on ptcgoguide what most pokemon and packs are valued at, but can't find what items like super rare energy and full art trainers (like switch from SuMo) are worth. Any idea what the standard website is for these prices? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dirt_likes_me
    [link] [comments]

    Killer deck Improvement

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:48 AM PST

    So I just started playing Tcgo a week ago, and I struggled to make decks that worked. Thanks to some Awesome Redditers, I was able to get some really useful cards and improve the decks. I made a post a few days ago about my Golurk Joke Deck https://www.reddit.com/r/ptcgo/comments/epd8nu/unexpected_results/ . It was my best deck lol, but it was kinda inconstant. So I updated it, I replaced the poiple & nigadel GX with Grimer & Muck. This deck is absolute KILLER for what I face, the win rate is easily 75% Here's the deck ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    Pokémon - 16

    • 4 Golett CEC 89
    • 3 Grimer TEU 62
    • 4 Sigilyph BKP 55
    • 3 Golurk CEC 90
    • 2 Muk TEU 63

    Trainer Cards - 29

    • 4 Great Ball BCR 129
    • 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
    • 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
    • 1 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
    • 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
    • 1 Dimension Valley PHF 93
    • 1 Lure Ball CES 138
    • 1 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
    • 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
    • 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
    • 2 Town Map BCR 136
    • 2 Rocky Helmet BCR 133
    • 2 Energy Search BCR 128
    • 4 Sparkling Robe FFI 99
    • 2 Switch BLW 104

    Energy - 15

    • 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
    • 11 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

    Total Cards - 60

    ****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ****** Since the deck has really cheap energy cost and it's really easy to get built it just wipes through everything! This deck even performs well against Gx decks, though I've not come up against anything super crazy yet.

    submitted by /u/NAME_NOT_FOUND_048
    [link] [comments]

    Which one is the best to get wins? lost march or night march? And how to counter those decks?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:45 AM PST

    So I have a decent theme deck for verses. What now?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Should I just be trying to get boosters to buff out my collection before deck building? Is it worth it to get the 4 star packs in the trainer challenge? What do?

    submitted by /u/GByteM3
    [link] [comments]

    What is Computer Search worth? Offers seem all over the place. TIA ��

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:01 AM PST

    How many packs for 2 Exeggcute with propagation?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:27 PM PST

    In the title. How many do people reckon they're worth? They've obviously been strong for awhile but had a pretty good showing in the Dallas Regionals including the top deck. That Giratina and Garchomp tag team deck that the winner Hunter used was legit as hell and looked like a ton of fun to play.

    submitted by /u/jlzombie
    [link] [comments]

    Question about PTCGO Versus Matchmaking

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    I've searched for this fairly thoroughly. I have not found a solid definition. If there is one, please pass me a link!

    I just recently started PTCGO, although I do have decent understanding of competitive card games. I played Pokemon in the late 90s when the game came out and moved to MTG for many years.

    My observation of how matchmaking in PTCGO works is this:

    I did very well in Theme battles. As I continued playing, my opponents appeared to get better. I could tell this by their match-up knowledge and execution of certain plans against my deck. As I progressed, I began seeing the same strongest Theme deck options over and over - meaning the players are more deck power conscious and are picking the obviously best decks. I kept a strong W:L ratio in Theme battles.

    I then moved into Standard. Same experience. My first Standard deck is PikaRom and I've done pretty well with it. I can tell as I go on win streaks through the lower end of the competition, my opponents are becoming more skilled. They have better plans against PikaRom and are playing more competitive decks with knowledge of how to execute them.

    This indicates to me that it's using win history in its matchmaking algorithm and Theme and Standard are distinctly separate in player rating. I don't believe it's using the contents of your deck in the algorithm like MTG Arena does. I'm hoping to understand this better to inform future deck building.

    My question is:

    If I build a second fun deck that's perhaps less powerful, will I still be playing against the same level of decks I am now?

    I think this is the case, but cannot test it without actually buying the cards for the next deck. An act I probably would not do if my win history has pigeonholed me into higher competition.

    submitted by /u/SweetSupremacy
    [link] [comments]

    The game timer is too long, and delay of game should be an enforceable penalty.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:58 PM PST

    A combined total of 50 minutes for a game is a ridiculously long time, and 25 minutes is frankly way too much for a single player. Now I've seen turns where a player chains a series of well-executed moves and lucky moves and spends several minutes going through nearly half their deck in a single turn, but we need a better system to deal with the jerkoffs who appear to purposely wait for the warning gong before making another move specifically just to waste as much of other peoples' time as possible. Turn-based online gaming as a whole would benefit from better systems. I would support a system where you get a combined total of 3 minutes of idle time. It doesn't tick as long as the player is actively playing cards. Everyone gets a grace period of 10 seconds before that timer starts counting down, but once it reaches zero, that's it -- you lose.

    I'm not going to pretend that this sort of delay behavior isn't a minority, but it's prevalent enough to be a non-trivial nuisance.

    A difference of 7:31.

    Nearly a ten-minute difference!

    A difference of just under 7 minutes. One player has used up over half the game time.

    A 9-minute difference with one player having used less than 4.

    A difference of 6:27 and one player has only used just over 3 minutes.

    submitted by /u/Dynasuarez-Wrecks
    [link] [comments]

    How to counter the welder meta in standard?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I'm running an ADP / Moltres deck. Since the latest regionals had Blacephelon decks placing high, everyone has been using them in the standard meta. I went from several win streak, down to maybe 1-2.

    How should I counter? My deck list is below:

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 8

    * 2 Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno-GX HIF 44

    * 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156

    * 3 Victini UNM 26

    * 1 Cryogonal UNM 46

    ##Trainer Cards - 36

    * 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191

    * 2 Great Potion UNM 198

    * 3 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189

    * 1 Wait and See Hammer LOT 236

    * 1 Pokémon Communication TEU 152

    * 2 Switch CES 147

    * 1 Coach Trainer UNM 192

    * 4 Energy Spinner UNB 170

    * 2 Mallow & Lana CEC 198

    * 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206

    * 1 Choice Helmet LOT 169

    * 4 Power Plant UNB 183

    * 3 Green's Exploration UNB 175

    * 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

    * 1 Great Catcher CEC 192

    * 2 Custom Catcher LOT 171

    * 3 Tag Call CEC 206

    * 1 Channeler UNM 190

    * 1 Faba LOT 173

    ##Energy - 16

    * 4 Water Energy Energy 3

    * 4 Lightning Energy Energy 4

    * 4 Metal Energy Energy 8

    * 4 Fire Energy Energy 2

    Total Cards - 60

    ****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

    submitted by /u/Spardasa
    [link] [comments]

    Almost 300 code cards not used. Are they sellable or tradable?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:25 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment