• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 23, 2020

    Pokémon TCG Buzzmosa Mewmew deck - Questions from a PTCGO newbie and TCG veteran

    Pokémon TCG Buzzmosa Mewmew deck - Questions from a PTCGO newbie and TCG veteran


    Buzzmosa Mewmew deck - Questions from a PTCGO newbie and TCG veteran

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 02:35 AM PST

    So I've begun playing PTCGO since 4 day and got Mewtwo & Mew GX and Pheromosa and Buzzwole DX as my first 2 DXs.

    As a disclaimer I used to play Magic and still play Hearthstone, so I know how to use resources online, so I new MewMew was a good card thanks to limitless. My first instinct was to build an Expanded deck using card such as Delcatty, Beautifly and Swoobat to ramp up the energy on Buzzmosa.

    Then I decided to use my gold to build theme deck, so as to guarantee me getting few cards. I've first bought Torrential Cannon to get the Pidgeotto Draw Engine and then Twilight Rogue to get Malamar.

    Right now I've got this list: https://decktrio.com/deck/deck-overview?deckId=VTlBNG0yMDUvTjJhd1RDWlBLdWJOdz09

    I had quite good success on the queue, but I have a few questions:

    • Am I going in the right direction? I would like to play standard as soon as I can.
    • Is buying theme deck for guaranteed cards the best use of my resources?
    • Which strategy I should aim at that stage? I got Naganadel GX, Ampharos GX and Silvally GX, but should I try to build Oranguru/Pidgetto Control, as it seems quite a good budget list.
    • What are the insider tip to get the most resources when beginning?
    submitted by /u/EldrosKandar
    [link] [comments]

    Been working on a Excadrill deck for the standard format, good fun to play but still needs some sword and shield cards to improve it so probably not going to win any tournaments anytime soon but it's been winning on PTCGO.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:11 AM PST

    What's going on with magiwailord-gx

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Cant find anyone trading theres on the market. So I was going to post a trade and i check on tcgplayer for a rough estimate how many packsI should offer. On tcgplayer the basic version is going for 6 bucks? What is going on? Does sword and shield make it viable or something?

    submitted by /u/FairyFireDeck
    [link] [comments]

    A few more questions from this noobie

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:18 AM PST

    So my last post, I had just made 500 coins, and bought the Blastoise (Something) Torrent theme deck. I played a lot of it, fell in love with some of those cards (golduck is so awesome as an anti blue team). After getting in the groove and winning about 40-50% of my games, I got enough to buy Relentless Flame theme deck. Holy hell that deck is awesome, and so damn strong. I played 5 games with it so far, 100% win rate! After buying that deck, I had 37 coins left, after those 5 wins, I am back up to 350 coins (hit some of the battle pass(?) goals).

    My questions are:

    • How do you counter Relentless Flame? Someone mentioned its really good, but is there a good strat to beat it?
    • I have over 8 tickets now, how do the tournaments work? Do I need to play all my matches in a row? How structured are they?
    • What is another good Theme deck to go after next? I have not used (nor understand) the EX/GX pokemon cards but am not against getting a deck like that.
    • Is there a way to build a deck around a specific pokemon? My favorites are Slopoke/bro/king and Eevee (and all of its evolution). Are any of those viable?
    • Outside of being a beggar on here, or buying physical card packs, are there other ways to get codes? Like online surveys or anything?

    Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I really appreciate it. Hope I get to play some of you!

    submitted by /u/NamasteWager
    [link] [comments]

    Effectively new player returning to the game with a few questions...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:28 AM PST

    The last time I played the Pokemon TCG, Rocket was the newest set. I was also part of the TCGO beta so I played a bit back then but not enough to learn much. So I'm A BIT OUT OF THE LOOP about the game's current meta and balance, as well as the Online economy, so I'll try to organize my questions.

    1: I have saved up 3500 coins, but the only decks I have unlocked for Versus use (And thus the only ones I can attempt challenges with,) are the basic theme decks, Hidden Depths, Rallying Cry and Psychic Might. Which decks should I prioritize buying in order to complete daily challenges?

    2: I read advice to buy the Mach Strike deck twice because of its trainer cards being useful in any customized deck - is this still valid? The advice was a couple of years old.

    3: Should I prioritize buying decks or packs?

    4: How exactly do you deal with all the new types like EX and GX and tag team GX? They seem massively overpowered and I can't think of any way you could combat one of those without already being in a position to KO it before it hits the board. Are there new cards I'm missing that are meant to punish these types of cards? Or are they just the 'I win' button they look like to my old ailing 'started playing during Base Set 1' eyes?

    5: Is there any point in not opening the tradeable packs I have? They're all from older sets, which looking at the power creep the game has gone through in the last few years, means they're probably not worth anything in a trade. I have Black and White, Boundaries Crossed, Dark Explorers, Dragons Exalted, Emerging Powers, Next Destiny, Noble Victories, Flashfire, and Furious Fists boosters - are any of those valuable enough to keep them, or should I just open them since they're older?

    submitted by /u/Halitrad
    [link] [comments]

    Bonnie & Mew3

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:18 AM PST

    would bonnie work on mew3 using zygarde's gx?

    submitted by /u/Normixsane
    [link] [comments]

    Dedenne

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:24 AM PST

    So I've got 41 COE packs and i tried trading 36 for the FA but no one accepted. It seems like the price keeps going up and I can accept trades for the regular art for 40 packs. Should I do it or has anyone gotten bites for cheaper trades?

    submitted by /u/MysteriousCove
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment