• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Pokémon TCG Have to say I’m finding the lack of micro transactions in this game really refreshing.

    Pokémon TCG Have to say I’m finding the lack of micro transactions in this game really refreshing.


    Have to say I’m finding the lack of micro transactions in this game really refreshing.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:41 AM PST

    My daughters recently gotten into Pokemon and watching her play this is a lot of fun. The fact there's no micro transactions is really nice too and every time she gets a new card or pack to open she gets a real sense of accomplishment. It's really nice!

    submitted by /u/okeyworth
    [link] [comments]

    Theme Deck Code Giveaway

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:18 AM PST

    RIP to everyone who invested in SR Fairy Energies

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    I want to play tournament. Why can I not simply purchase tickets?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:21 AM PST

    Instead I have to play for hours in versus just to be able to be able to actually play what I want to play.

    submitted by /u/Vinven
    [link] [comments]

    a card that deals less damage for each card in my opponent's hand?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:01 AM PST

    i'm looking for a certain card in the standard format that is low energy cost and deals less damage the more cards my opponent has in their hand, i remember i saw it somewhere but i cant find it via search, i'd appreciate the help

    submitted by /u/Normixsane
    [link] [comments]

    Results & Thoughts on the Single-Type, Single-Prize Challenge

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 01:22 PM PST

    First off, a big thanks to everyone who played in the Single-Prize, Single-Type Challenge, I really enjoyed it! To those who wanted to play but our schedules didn't work out, hopefully we can get together the next time around. To be honest this thing burned me out a little bit, I played a whole lot of games this week!


    RESULTS

    Overall 40 of you participated in some capacity. Not everyone played all 6 of my decks; the most common number of games played with any given individual was 3.

    Your Total Win Percentage was 33%, that means as a group of challengers you won about 1 in 3 games.

    Of the people who played 3+ games, six different players had a win percentage of 67%. They are listed below.

    Top-Performing Players
    blackjaguar
    Devedity
    SableyeFan
    erwxs
    Alastor13
    RioT_Easy


    Playing without EX & GX

    The rules dictated that no EX/GX could be used. This was a nice change of pace from my perspective. Games were a bit slower given that we were taking one prize at a time and didn't have access to expanded staples like Tapu Lele GX or Shaymin EX. And unlike many decks in the era of Tag Teams, a majority of the decks here relied upon Evolution Pokemon as their main attacker.

    Playing with a Single Type

    The rules also stated that every Pokemon in the deck had to be the same type. This restriction made for some interesting deck builds. Most decks took a hit in consistency. One player tried Ultra Necrozma, but they had to rely solely on Silent Lab without access to Garbodor. The card that kept coming up as the most missed by you all was Mew (Bench Barrier).

    Psychic was by far the most commonly used type, followed by Metal in second — but every type saw play at least once (someone even used Colorless).


    MY 6 DECKS

    I wanted to build decks that I thought would thrive in this particular modified format, while at the same time making some different choices beyond what might be optimal on paper. I also didn't include Computer Search in any of the decks, instead I wanted to make use of variety of other Ace Specs.

    Greninja BREAK (Win Rate 75%)
    My personal favorite deck of the bunch and the top performer. Damage spread in general thrived due to the absense of high-HP Pokemon. I went half and half, with 2 Shadow Stiching Greninja (for stopping opponent abilities) and 2 Evasion Jutsu Greninja (to get lucky and avoid damage!) I also opted to forgo the usual Starmie line and instead ran 2 Fisherman to get my energy back. I ran Rock Guard as my Ace Spec here, which actually came in handy a few times.

    Steven's Metagross (Win Rate 72%)
    Metagross allows you to continue your turn even after you play Steven's Resolve. So I could grab the exact 3 cards I needed and keep going. Also ran 4 Jirachi and 4 Random Receiver to help find my Stevens. Metagross and its 170 HP was very hard to one-shot in this format (especially with Metal Frying Pan), and I had my Max Potions ready. This was the deck that was most complimented my the challengers, I think in part because it isn't normally seen in regular play.

    Trevenant BREAK (Win Rare 70%)
    It's simply a great deck; this thing shuts down a lot of decks with the Turn 2 item lock. Not much to say here, other than it was fun doing Trevenant mirror games. But of the two BREAK decks, I felt more confident playing Greninja than this.

    Nuzzle Raichu (Win Rate 66%)
    A fairly consistent and easy deck to play now that both Pikachu & Raichu have the Nuzzle attack and are searchable by Emolga and can gain energy with Pachirisu's attack. Can quite easily hit for 140-160, which was exactly the right amount in a non-EX/GX environment.

    Rapidash Coin Flip (Win Rate 57%)
    I ran a 4-4 line of Ponyta/Rapidash as my main attackers (both with Agility attack); plus 2 Victini to re-flip coins as needed; and 2 Blacephalon as backups. It's fun chipping away at the opponent as you avoid their attacks, but the deck is vulnerable to damage spread. Plus everything has low HP, so if you do get hit it doesn't take much.

    Hitmonchan Hit & Run (Win Rate 50%)
    This is the one deck that struggled. In expanded, you have a ton of resources — not only Lillie's Poke Doll, but Robo Substitute. Plus Strong Energy, Muscle Band, and Diancie prism allow you to hit for up to 90 right off the bat. Like Rapidash above, Hitmonchan is quite fragile and loses to damage spread. It just wasn't working for me.


    YOUR DECKS

    Hopefully the deck restrictions required some additional creativity, that was the goal anyway! I saw all sorts of unique builds — there were decks built around cards like Guzzlord, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Shiinotic / Slumbering Forest.

    Here are just a few of the decks you played that stood out the most:

    Cpt_Nightfall played a killer Chandelure deck and knew how to use it. I believe it was almost (if not completely) Standard-legal too, and it still won against 3 of my 6 Expanded decks.

    jawnbeatwif had a Greninja variant that used Archie's Ace in the Hole to bring it out, and combined it with Pyumukumu to put the pressure on via damage counters.

    SableyeFan used a Durant mill deck and seemed to be the most effective player with it. I believe the modified format required no changes from how this deck normally runs. Using Lana's Fishing Rod to recycle Life Dew makes for a tough situation.

    Willytaker used an Alolan Sandslash / Wishiwashi deck which gave me a fair bit of trouble; it reminded me of my own Hit & Run deck but using the fish instead of dolls. Very clever stuff.


    I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts about the challenge. Did you like the modified format? Feel free to share your own decks, there were a ton of creative ones! Also ideas for the future -- the next challenge would likely be a tournament where you all played each other and not just me.

    I believe everyone got the packs I owed them (everyone who played but didn't win should have at least received a pack for participation). If you didn't receive anything then send me a PM and I'll double check the trade history.

    I also want to thank u/OU7C4ST for allowing me to run the challenge here!

    submitted by /u/rabidragon
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a place I can put a card in and see if it's in a purchasable theme deck?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:42 PM PST

    For example I didn't realize you can get welder by buying a theme deck, I wish I could have searched for that info

    submitted by /u/Say_Less_Listen_More
    [link] [comments]

    Free codes, I dont play

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Why does Mew's Bench Barrier not work against Blacephalon's Fireworks Bomb?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Just had a game where I had unbroken bonds Mew on my bench and opponent used cosmic eclipse Blacephalon and was able to do damage to my bench with Fireworks Bomb. Is it cause it states damage counters instead of damage?

    submitted by /u/fnkaze
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoy

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 12:12 PM PST

    Tournaments

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Alright, ptcg is a cool concept. Love it. I do not love how the ticket system is broken. Getting tickets vs entry fee is stupid.

    I have migrated to MTG Arena because you can actually get into a lot of tournaments. Is there any group that host tournaments for ptcg?

    Id love to keep playing but the lack of the real competitive side seems bland.

    submitted by /u/jpo183
    [link] [comments]

    Online Redeemable Codes For Giveaway :)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:08 AM PST

    I bought a bunch of packs just out of nostalgia the other day and I have a bunch of these online redeemable codes. I saw a couple of similar threads where people took them without saying anything so I am just asking if you're interested, PM me and I will send you a code, that way we can get all 25 to real people who will appreciate them! They're all random packs there's no rhyme or reason, multiple new sun and moon packs and some older. If you can show me what you got from the codes that'd be interesting to see as well!

    EDIT: ALL PACKS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED, HOPE YOU ALL GOT DECENT CARDS <3

    submitted by /u/mjwalsh
    [link] [comments]

    Title

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 10:25 AM PST

    When i was playing some versus in ptcgo i saw a guy or girl that used a gigantamax or something meowth and i just wanted to know if sword and shield stuff are already on the game, and if there is how do a get one

    submitted by /u/herichboyreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, when are the new decks and set coming out for ptcgo?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 09:24 AM PST

    Title says it all.

    submitted by /u/Diesif
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment