• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 19, 2020

    Pokémon TCG After constantly buying Rebel Clash hoping for FA Boss’s Order, I opened 1 Darkness Ablaze pack and I got this.

    Pokémon TCG After constantly buying Rebel Clash hoping for FA Boss’s Order, I opened 1 Darkness Ablaze pack and I got this.


    After constantly buying Rebel Clash hoping for FA Boss’s Order, I opened 1 Darkness Ablaze pack and I got this.

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    New Arc-Vikavolt Deck I made - up to win streak of 10 so thought I would share!

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Enjoy

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Well it IS saturday, so even though I need deck help I'll be doing a bit of showing off as well

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Greetings! I am a long-time competitive MtG player who has recently developed an interest in the Pokemon tcg due to various life circumstances. In the general PTCG subreddit they told me I should try out PTGO in order to get started, and well, this app sure has been useful to me in order to figure out the various formats and whatnot, considering that I hardly ever get to play any tabletop game IRL due to covid + personal health concerns. My nickname here on Reddit is based on an older joke, but on PTCGO, and in most other websites where I do things pertaining to my life, I go by Tears Of Tomorrow.

    So anyway, I'm a real-life fanatic of scary invertebrate predators, such as scorpions, spiders and, yes, centipedes, so as you can imagine upon figuring out how the Standard format works (it's pretty much identical to MtG's own Standard, with which I have years of experience, in terms of rules/card restrictions/how the rotation works, so it was all very familiar to me) I immediately knew Centiskorch-Vmax would be the deck I would be playing: the reason why I come to you today is that I have finally locked (and built within the game) a list, and I'd like your help improving it and making it even more streamlined and consistent.

    Here is the list. I am honestly very happy with this deck and how it plays, as it has carried me to fifth place of the weekly leaderboard in my region after only three days of playing. Still, this is my first time putting together a list, so surely there are specific techs or different ratios of cards I could run in order to make it even better: being still quite new to the format, that's the kind of stuff I'd like to get your input on.

    Decks I have faced with this list so far have included electric decks with Pikachu and Zekrom GX, Rowlett/AloEgg+Rillaboom, ADP+Zacian, Mad Party, all manners of Dark-based decks (stuff with Eternatus, stuff with Hydreigon, stuff with Sableye), decks based on poisoning, decks based on Mewtwo and Mew GX, and the occasional deck that relies on coin tosses to deny damage, which I'm assuming is more on the meme side of things. Honestly I haven't felt like any of these match-ups was particularly difficult/problematic, the only change I've needed to make compared to my original build was replacing Ninetales-V with Cramorant-V, because the former felt kinda useless in certain match-ups (like, electric decks have Pokemon that specifically mention electric energy in the description of their attacks, so copying them with Ninetales is kind of pointless, and of course Mad Party is a useless attack to copy), and I need the latter to avoid getting cheesed by steel-based decks that carry the fire-immune Bronzong.

    So anyway, this is all I got: apologies for posting a screenshot of the deck instead of using the export function (please understand: being italian, a decklist copy-pasted with the export function would have been in Italian too), and thanks in advance for any constructive feedback you may provide!

    submitted by /u/CatherineCook7
    [link] [comments]

    I just traded all my Sun & Moon SRs and FAs for lots of DAA Packs with the goal of turning my Eternatus VMAX Deck into fully SR/FA. Was this a bad idea?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    traded away stuff like SR: Ultra Ball, VS Seeker, Trainer's Mail FA: N, Lysandre, Sycamore

    submitted by /u/helpmeimshy2
    [link] [comments]

    What gives some cards their value?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    This is going to sound dumb because the answer is somewhat obvious in that different people like different things but with some specific items the demand seems high and I don't understand why.

    I just started back into the Pokémon TCG this week and I decided to do so mostly online. I had a lot of codes from back when I used to play over the many years. I also bought a few physical boosters from the Sword and Shield set.

    Anyway, first pack I open I get this shiny and golden Quick Ball card. And all of a sudden once I go to trades people are wanting to give like 90 packs of the new set, 25 packs and a BUNCH of super crazy dynamax cards, all that stuff.

    Why in the world would people want a shiny Quick Ball so bad? Is it like giga rare or something? I also got this Big Parasol card that's all shiny and gold but I haven't checked it out yet.

    Final question: Quick Ball looks like it sucks. Does it?

    TL;DR - Why do people give so much for seemingly random cards?

    submitted by /u/Laricus
    [link] [comments]

    So, I have almost 10k coins and 85 tournament tickets. Should I...

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Should I (Read: if it were you, would you):

    • just burn those coins down to buy Darkness Ablaze booster packs
    • buy theme decks i don't have yet

    OR

    • wait until Champion's Path mini-expansion comes (soon)
    • wait until Vivid Voltage/Amazing Volt Tackle expansion comes (I'm not sure when but soon as well)
    • wait until Shiny Star V expansion (in November but english one can even be longer)
    submitted by /u/Kevinlafriday
    [link] [comments]

    When will ptcgo get alcremie V?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    If the next online set is vivid voltage when will we get cards from champions path? I was planning on saving coins for an alcremie deck

    submitted by /u/dwr223
    [link] [comments]

    Is an inteleon vmax deck worth investing in?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I haven't played it but it seems like a B deck. Was wondering how it would fare against meta decks like ADP and eternatus

    submitted by /u/JoshJoshson13
    [link] [comments]

    Started PTCGO a few days ago. Got a bit bored of theme versus so I tried to improve the Charizard deck. How could I improve it further ? - details in comments -

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Started playing 4-5 days ago after playing a bit around 5 years ago, and was surprised to see this card in an uncommon chest. Does anyone know the chances of getting a VMAX? I've only gotten commons and reverse Holos before.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Have you seen unfairness?

    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    which codes should I buy?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Which card series would be the most useful to buy codes for? There's so many. Forbidden light, shining legends, random cards, or what? Also is Ebay the best place to buy them?

    submitted by /u/NHArts
    [link] [comments]

    New to deck building

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Does anybody know of a good website with a list of decent current decks and the cards needed to make them? I want to get into deck building but would like a starting point

    submitted by /u/Mtndewman20
    [link] [comments]

    Entered an 8 ticket tournament and my table died. Am I screwed or is there a way to get the tickets refunded?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Can someone give some feedback on my Scizor VMAX deck.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    Hi! I just got done building a Scizor VMAX deck, and getting straight to the point here is the deck list:

    Pokémon - 18

    • 1 Crobat V DAA 104
    • 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
    • 2 Galarian Meowth RCL 126
    • 2 Jirachi TEU 99
    • 1 Lucario & Melmetal-GX PR-SM 192
    • 3 Scizor V DAA 183
    • 2 Zacian V PR-SW 18
    • 1 Zamazenta V PR-SW 19
    • 2 Galarian Perrserker SSH 128
    • 3 Scizor VMAX DAA 119

    Trainer Cards - 31

    • 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
    • 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
    • 1 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
    • 3 Marnie SSH 200
    • 3 Metal Core Barrier UNB 180
    • 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
    • 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
    • 2 Switch SSH 183
    • 4 Metal Goggles TEU 148
    • 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
    • 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170

    Energy - 11

    • 2 Weakness Guard Energy UNM 213
    • 9 Metal Energy SWSHEnergy 8

    Total Cards - 60

    So, yeah. If anyone could tell me what they think of the deck and give me some constructive feedback that would be much appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/Munchlax-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    How to correctly play lucametal?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    Do I wait until opponent gets all his energies on his attacker then use GX attack or just remove an energy or two and get the +30 defense right off the bat?

    submitted by /u/JoshJoshson13
    [link] [comments]

    Expanded Top tier decks

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I have been playing a lot on standard since darkness ablaze has been relased. Now i would like to go back in expended for a change and wanna build some cool decks. What do you guys think are the top tier decks in expanded?

    submitted by /u/cicomat89
    [link] [comments]

    Tech cards in adpz and melmetal decks

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Giratina special energy removal is all I can think of to use any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/JoshJoshson13
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for an expanded Giovanni's Exile Mill deck?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    If you don't know, this Rhydon lets you mill 5 cards from your opponent's deck if you play Giovanni's Exile during your turn, Diglett mills 1 card if you discard it with Giovanni's Exile. The Dragonite-EX is intended to recycle Digletts with net. I guess I would prefer to use 15ish Pokemon instead. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    ##Pokémon - 20

    * 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154

    * 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 72

    * 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

    * 1 Persian TEU 126

    * 3 Diglett UNB 85

    * 4 Rhyhorn SSH 96

    * 3 Rhydon UNB 94

    * 2 Rhyperior BUS 67

    * 1 Shining Celebi PR-SM 79

    * 1 Mewtwo UNB 75

    * 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

    ##Trainer Cards - 33

    * 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

    * 3 Giovanni's Exile UNB 174

    * 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

    * 2 Float Stone BKT 137

    * 3 Sky Field ROS 89

    * 2 Professor's Research SSH 178

    * 3 Marnie SSH 169

    * 1 Focus Sash FFI 91

    * 1 Korrina FFI 95

    * 4 Quick Ball SSH 179

    * 1 Evolution Incense SSH 163

    * 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152

    * 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193

    * 1 Ultra Ball ROS 93

    * 1 Life Dew PLF 107

    ##Energy - 7

    * 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

    * 3 Twin Energy RCL 174

    Total Cards - 60

    submitted by /u/throwawae44
    [link] [comments]

    Improves for PTCGO

    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Hello guys i'm a new pokémon TCG youtuber and i am working on a video where i'll talk about ptcgo (history,developpers etc) and i want to make a section to what can be improved in the game.

    I also will do something like +/- of some ideas like ranked mod, observer mode etc so feel free to talk about any idea you have :)

    Have a good day!

    submitted by /u/Psykothrope
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment