• Breaking News

    Monday, July 5, 2021

    Pokémon TCG Other Pokémon attacks “your opponent is now confused”, “draw 2 cards” etc. Meanwhile kricketune:

    Pokémon TCG Other Pokémon attacks “your opponent is now confused”, “draw 2 cards” etc. Meanwhile kricketune:


    Other Pokémon attacks “your opponent is now confused”, “draw 2 cards” etc. Meanwhile kricketune:

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    What’s everyone playing in Expanded besides Pikarom, DarkBox,Togekiss and Zacian?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Do people fall for stuff like this?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Prepare thy selves! September 10th MetaMayhem

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    My favorite decks besides my Blissey and my Eternatus decks are all being phased out. Pikarom and ADPZ are all getting Thanos snapped come the deadline.

    I plan to run my familiar decks early on, and build from evolving skies later.

    What are your deck plans? Does anyone already have some deck lists thought out or imagined from the coming expansion and sets?

    submitted by /u/febrizio
    [link] [comments]

    New Player help

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a guide, or tips on how to work up building a decent deck.

    I recently spent about 40-50 packs getting the Malamar deck built and obviously it's not a monster deck.

    I have about 150 packs left, and wondering if it's worth opening them or keeping them. I understand packs are currency but I really can't get anymore packs after these are gone.

    What is the best route to take in ptcgo to progressing the most efficiently? Many thanks to anyone who can help :)

    submitted by /u/l_Ston3_l
    [link] [comments]

    How are the pack rewards for Trainer Challenge determined?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    I had earned Sword and Shield packs from the first several trainers I completed 4 stars with, but I've now received back to back Sun and Moon packs. My intent is to play standard once I have a collection to construct from, and with rotation next month, Sword and Shield is all I want.

    Is there a determining factor for which packs you are rewarded with? I've read posts stating that only packs currently in standard are distributed, which is consistent with what I've received so far. Others have said it's based on which deck you unlocked the 4th star with, and from which set it is from. However, all of my decks are Sun and Moon era, so that would be inconsistent with me having been awarded multiple Sword and Shield packs so far.

    I'm considering getting 3 stars for each trainer, and then completing the 4th once rotation rolls around, if the pack allotment is strictly tied to current standard legality. I'm open to any other helpful info, suggestions, or strategies!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/darkoj-
    [link] [comments]

    Fun in Expanded: Explosive Jet Turtonator

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I recently got the idea of abusing the Turtonators and Welder from the "Battle Mind" deck. To my surprise it works much better than I initially expected, giving me a Win-Ratio of about 65%. I can't really give an exact statistic, because I frequently tinker on it.

    SO... Here is the base I worked out:

    Explosive Turtonators

    Pokémon - 4

    • 4 Turtonator DRM 50

    Trainer Cards - 28

    • 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
    • 2 Switch EVO 88
    • 3 Pokégear 3.0 SSH 174
    • 1 Lysandre FLF 90
    • 2 Guzma BUS 115
    • 3 Wishful Baton BUS 128
    • 2 Revive ROS 88
    • 4 Welder UNB 189
    • 1 Scorched Earth PRC 138
    • 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
    • 3 Kiawe BUS 116
    • 2 Fire Crystal UNB 173
    • 1 N's Resolve CEC 200

    Energy - 26

    • 24 Fire Energy SMEnergy 11
    • 2 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

    Total Cards - 58

    As you might notice, 2 cards are missing. These are reserved for 2 additional Pokémon or 1 additional Revive and 1 Nest Ball.

    How it works:

    This deck shines against EX/GX/V/VMax/TagTeam-Decks. Ideally it takes about 1.5 Rounds to fully power up a Turtonator to deal up to 300 Damage. This can easily adjusted to whatever Pokémon the opponent uses. Usually I try to get a first hit in the first round, usually going for my first prize card before my opponent can really do anything.

    After that I try to have as many Turtonators on the field as possible, powering them up. I bait the opponent to bring something that gives at least 2 prize cards to the front. If it doesn't work, I hope for Lysandre or Guzma to help me out.

    The point is:

    • I sacrifice 1 Turtonator, Enemy takes 1 Prize
    • I defeat some EGX-VMax-TagTeam-Whatever and take 2-3 Prize cards
    • we repeat this 3 Times
    • I win
    • I have 2 possibilities to 'waste' a Turtonator, if something goes wrong

    Strength:

    Teams that use a lot of "expensive" EX/GX/V cards and players that are to slow in powering them up. Also Players that are too slow in evolving their Charmanders. Funnily this is what I see a lot in the Expanded format right now.

    Weakness:

    Mulligans, bad first draws and N.

    If I play this deck with just the 4 Turtonators, I accept about 1-3 Mulligans at the start of the game. This isn't so bad, since most opponents can't play that many cards in their first round anyway.

    It get's bad if I can't acquire a Welder or at least Kiawe in the first round.

    If I don't get a second Turtonator till round 3 I've basically lost.

    Since I try to acquire as many prizes as possible early in the game, my opponent can play "N" after round 3 and my hand basically is empty.

    "N's Resolve" is a terrible card. I only play it if I'm basically pressed against a wall. Either it saves the game for me or it completely fucks up everything.

    Ideas:

    I would like to put two additional Pokemon into this deck to reduce the amount of Mulligans and also add some additional sacrifices. Ideally with some protection or nice symbiosis with my Turtonators.

    These Pokemon ideally should be Base evolutions that only give one Price card and have at least 110 HP.

    • Lugia -- "Pressure" to protect itself and bench when I need to stall
    • Reshiram -- "Turboblaze" attaches 1 additional energy to Dragons, Electric Energy can be satisfied by putting 4 Double Dragon Energy into the deck
    • Shining Ho-Oh -- "Golden Wing" is basically a free Wishful Baton, Ideal on a sacrificial Poké
    • Snorlax -- "Gormandize" to draw more Cards
    • Drampa -- "Call for Family" in case I draw Drampa first round. Alternatives: Tauros or Kangaskhan, but Drampa is the best "Call for Family" in my opinion
    • Charizard V -- I've tried this. Works OK, but I feel like Charizard V is a huge risk, because I have to sacrifice it frequently, trading 2 Prizes for 2 Prizes
    • Turtonator GX -- It's just funny. Nitro Tank GX is a great addition to this deck and can save the day. But same problem like Charizard V.

    Can you recommend anything else to improve this deck?

    I'm not trying to become really competitive here. This surely is no meta deck. But I enjoy playing things that work a little different and force my opponent to adapt. Most good players I play against get under a lot of pressure early on and seem to enjoy the action this "cheap" looking deck puts onto them. Judging from the messages and emotions I'm getting, both I and my opponent usually seem to enjoy this deck, so I want to continue playing it.

    I'm basically just looking for an "Ace up my sleeve" that can bring another interesting twist or at least reduce the risk of a bad hand.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Anaeijon
    [link] [comments]

    How do I play with a bad starting hand?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    For context, I join tournaments, play in versus and events, but I keep on losing due to bad starting hands that are either unplayable, or bad RNG after a LOT of mulligans. I play Orbeetle VMax, SS Urshifu VMax, and Ice Rider Calyrex VMax decks btw.

    Thanks for future advice!

    submitted by /u/Vic-iou
    [link] [comments]

    Malamar vs Urshifu V question

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    I used Rapid Strike Tentacles shuffling 3 cards (120 dmg) And hit opponents Urshifu V (weak to psychic) It only dealt 120 dmg, neither pokemon had tools or anything attached that stated about weakness being nullified.

    Am I missing something here?

    solved

    submitted by /u/l_Ston3_l
    [link] [comments]

    I have close to 100 unlocked Battle Styles packs that I was holding onto for trade options, but haven't logged in for a while and planned on trading them before Chilling Reign released, but obviously I missed that deadline. Are they still worth trading, or worth opening, or should I hold onto them?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    Is there a major reason why this game is not on mobile?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    New player here, I just want to understand.. is there a reason this is only playable on tablets? Seems like an old client already, and i'm pretty sure that any tier B mobile phone at 2021 would run this no problem.

    submitted by /u/joanxtb
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    So I have been running a fire deck and running into water decks what is a good way to still win when u have that weakness

    submitted by /u/Pegeeiscool
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best deck to farm wins?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    My charizard deck works well, but i have also seen people using Guzzlord. Do you all have any advice?

    submitted by /u/Andrerouxgarou
    [link] [comments]

    I started playing last night and I just got this. Is It good or just looks cool and that's It?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    Official Pokemon YT Channel video on Bidoof day. It was too beautiful I just had to share.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    I want to start doing the tournaments but I don't know how hard they are or if I should be looking for certain cards to start playing? Or honestly any advice for competing in them?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment