• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 29, 2021

    Pokémon TCG Someone took the bait of 42 mulligans.

    Pokémon TCG Someone took the bait of 42 mulligans.


    Someone took the bait of 42 mulligans.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    Reflexion about post-rotation metagame

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    So, lately I've seen people worry about a certain aspect of the post-rotation metagame, something I also worry about: the power of two-energies aggressive VMax decks. Decks like Victini VMax, Ice Rider, Leafeon VMax or Eternatus VMax, which, with just two energy attachments, they can do big amounts of damage, 1HKOing opposing Vs before they evolve. So since the meta will be a VMax-based one, whoever gets to go first will be able to use Boss on the yet to evolve pokémon V of their opponent, getting a massive advantage just starting the game.

    I thought about possible ways to soften the problem, and that will probably be to try and bench two pokémon V on your first turn going second. But it is important that is a pokémon V that evolves into a VMax able to be swiftly powered up. Victini itself, Ice Rider, Leafeon, Urshifu, Shadow Rider if you have many Vs in play, Eternatus with Moltres... That, in itself, is a lot of pressure, and invalidates decks that are unable to reliably set up like this going second. That won't be the case if such aggressive decks don't become top meta choices, but in my humble opinion, I believe they will be.

    But the problem doesn't end here. Say you play two Vs on your first turn, one gets KOed thanks to Boss, and you swiftly evolve and set up the other one. You will get to hit your opponent's VMax before they hit yours, so you will probably get the KO first. But then you will still have 3 prizes left to take, and when your opponent KOes your first VMax with their second, they will be just one prize away from winning. All they will need is a second Boss to target a Crobat V, Kricketune V or any one-prize support pokémon to end it. And what's worse: we're losing Reset Stamp to try and counter that. Marnie is all we will have.

    So in the end, the only viable decks to counter this might be decks able to reliably 1HKO VMaxes (Shadow+Alcremie for example), to heal off damage with Cheryl (like Urshifu VMax), or to get multiple KOs in one turn, like Urshifu VMax again.

    What do you all think about this?

    submitted by /u/FairyLandAlice
    [link] [comments]

    I dont play your game so take them

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Z7M-6ZGZ-JWX-V6K

    Z7M-HHCK-2ZM-L4N

    Z7Y-NCMB-NKJ-N9L

    submitted by /u/assboobs2
    [link] [comments]

    I was about to RUIN his ADP.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    Where can I buy codes?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    I obviously don't wanna buy regular packs since they're way to overpriced, but I don't have a credit card either. Does anybody know a website where I can buy codes without one?

    submitted by /u/Wafi-
    [link] [comments]

    Charizard Theme Decks

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    Hey you all, I read somewhere that buying the Charizard theme deck twice could get me a pretty solid deck for Standard play. What is the deck list for this one and can i use it in Ticket Tournaments?

    submitted by /u/flamoestuintje
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with tradable CRE packs?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Hi all. Just a quick question. I have 8 tradable CRE packs. Not sure if I should open them or trade them but I don't have enough good cards to build a good standard or expanded deck anyway. Some advice would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KaitoAJ
    [link] [comments]

    Thats why I'm playing Malamar VMAX lmao

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    I don't play so enjoy these

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Always have too many, so here ya go.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Starting tips

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    New to ptcg(o). Whats a good website for looking at what cards are meta and good to use?? Also, what are some good decks to start off with? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/CuzziSama
    [link] [comments]

    What is the definitive best place to buy codes if there is one. I have stopped caring for the place I bought from and am looking for alternatives.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    Sick of waiting on people

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    What do I do to activate the turn timer? No matter where I look, I can't find the answer!

    submitted by /u/geeyerselashak
    [link] [comments]

    Deck Help

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    Hey all! I was hoping if someone could look over my deck and give me tips on how to improve it. I really appreciate it, thanks! (ahhh i'm guilty of abusing calyrex shadow rider, sryyyy)

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 14

    * 1 Galarian Zapdos V CRE 80

    * 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

    * 1 Dragapult V RCL 183

    * 2 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 53

    * 2 Inkay FLI 50

    * 2 Shadow Rider Calyrex V CRE 74

    * 2 Malamar FLI 51

    * 1 Dragapult VMAX RCL 93

    * 2 Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX CRE 75

    ##Trainer Cards - 23

    * 2 Spell Tag LOT 190

    * 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

    * 2 Marnie SSH 169

    * 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

    * 1 Pokémon Communication TEU 152

    * 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163

    * 2 Professor's Research SSH 178

    * 3 Cynthia UPR 119

    * 1 Boss's Orders RCL 189

    * 2 Air Balloon SSH 156

    * 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

    * 2 Fog Crystal CRE 140

    ##Energy - 23

    * 14 Psychic Energy SWSHEnergy 5

    * 4 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

    * 2 Rainbow Energy CES 151

    * 1 Aurora Energy SSH 186

    * 2 Weakness Guard Energy UNM 213

    submitted by /u/Marshall_Lee757
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the basic decks stand a better chance in versus mode?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    I'm almost at my first 500 trainer tokens but I can't stand the trainer challenges anymore with the basic decks.

    I'm thinking of trying versus mode, but for now all I have available are these decks.

    Which of the following would you recommend me to use in versus mode while I don't get a good theme deck?

    • Hidden Depths
    • Born of Fire
    • Crushing Currents
    • Mental Might

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DidgeridooDingo
    [link] [comments]

    Resolution On PC

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    Anyone have the problem where randomly the game just looks like its running in 720p or worse? I have an HP Omen 27i Monitor running 2440 and it caps at 1080 for the game and looks great. But randomly, Ill open the game and it looks terrible. Play the next day and it looks fine again. Anyone else have that issue?

    submitted by /u/KingArena29
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment