• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Pokémon TCG My thoughts on PTCG...

    Pokémon TCG My thoughts on PTCG...


    My thoughts on PTCG...

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:38 AM PST

    Hey, Pokemon community! Let me start by saying ptcgo made the end of 2020 not so bad. We all went through 2020 together. The last few months we're getting tough for me, new job, 2 car accidents, sabotaging my relationship..the list goes on. The thing that brought me joy and that gave me that zoned-out of reality numb feeling was watching packs get cracked. the nostalgia felt so good. I eventually got curious about the current meta. I hadn't played online since 2017 and I hadn't bought real cards in over 15 years. To my surprise the online scene was bumpin. So I went and bought a league battle deck of course the only thing available was the ADPZ deck or else I'd prob be a Pikarom player....but that's for another post. I want to touch on various points in this post and get the community to voice their opinions.

    1 - Power Creep: Let me start by saying I enjoy swinging big numbers and OHKOs. I think it shows how powerful pokemon are. The slow progress to big basics is also very simple and easy to understand. Pokemon has already stated they want the game to be simple and easy to understand for children. The inner child in me goes BOOM every time I hit somebody with CentiVMAX. The current state is so simple and easy to digest that it makes the game less stressful IMO and I've played a lot of TCGs.

    2 - Competitive Play: I'm closing in on 100 online tournaments played on limitless, I've qualified for my local Team Challenge team and I'm working on my PC3 qualifiers. So far the comp scene and community have been amazing. My skills have increased exponentially because I have opportunities to play against some of the best players in the world. There has never been a more inviting time to join the ptcg scene. The game is easy to understand, the meta is easy to understand, there are tons of online codes out there, tons of tournaments, streams, etc.

    3 - Common complaint: I see a lot of good players complaining about the current state of the game saying it's the worst it's ever been. To them, I say ptcg is finally picking up steam and you want to complain about how a kid-focused card game is oversimplified. Come on man. Now is the time when we should come together and invite all people. We should educate them on the various styles and past styles of pokemon. I came in playing nothing but adpz, as I learned the meta and got better, I started playing higher skill decks, its natural progression, but you have to remember the core engine behind all of this is money.....and having a high skill game involved in ptcg is a waste of Pokemons time. The main money-engine is everything else it's not having a perfectly balanced, competitive TCG.

    Thanks for reading, I'm planning to do a formal article on ADPZ and the state of the game, because I truly believe it is the least stressful, most enjoyable, and nostalgic TCG currently available.

    The First 5 comments get a Hidden Fates Code.

    submitted by /u/slayen5
    [link] [comments]

    Nobody ever expects a Fairy type in the ADP mirror

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:37 PM PST

    My first win against mad party with THE BIRDS! 3 kills in one hit to win :)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Deck building tips

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 09:20 AM PST

    Does anyone have any tips for getting the cards needed for your deck? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/PmPik
    [link] [comments]

    Question about codes

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 09:19 AM PST

    I'm brand new to the game but I have a bunch of code cards from collecting cards. Is redeeming your code cards for packs online worth it?

    submitted by /u/chriscraft04
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering how much this card is worth? (Vivid Voltage Shiny Oranguru)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:29 AM PST

    I've been seeing a lot of trade offers for this card which I pulled about a week ago, could someone let me know the approximate value of it/cards that would be a worthwhile trade? I just don't want to get undercut when I end up trading it. Thanks in advance.

    Edit: new to reddit, didn't realise image wouldn't show up. But if you google "Shiny Oranguru Card" it's easy to find

    submitted by /u/gnocchisauce
    [link] [comments]

    Just redeemed codes from packs. Is the only way to view my collection by downloading the game and going through this long tutorial?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Something new to try... Alakazam V!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:38 AM PST

    CODE GIVEAWAY!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:24 PM PST

    I'm giving away a 1 XY-Evolution code. To win you must get the closest to the number I pick from 1-1000 First person to get close to my number wins!

    Ill pick the winner tomorrow to give some time for people to guess. So pick a number 1-1000! And good luck

    THE WINNER HAS BEEN PICKED THE CONTEST IS OVER! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

    submitted by /u/Automatic-Target5226
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with VIV packs when the new set drops online?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:35 PM PST

    I've been saving up VIV packs online, but I see a new set is coming in three weeks. What will happen value-wise to the previous new set on PTCGO? Should I trade my packs for staples, can I expect them to mostly hold value, or will I be able to trade them for Shining Fates at a fair rate?

    submitted by /u/play_or_draw
    [link] [comments]

    Active Pokémon frozen

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Has anyone else had there active Pokémon not able to do anything? Abilities or attacks? I've had it happen in vs with adp, in trainer challenge with dragonite, and vs theme with charizard. In some situations when I didn't have energy cards in my hand, I had to just let the opponent kill my active Pokémon so I could switch it. Then everything worked fine again.

    submitted by /u/crazycashcow
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can Un-Tag Cards for Trade that I no Longer Have?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 12:49 AM PST

    I have so many cards that I have tagged for trade in the past that I no longer have. Is there any way I can easily remove those old cards so I can quickly update my binder and stop getting offers on cards that I haven't had since 2015?

    submitted by /u/ShawtyShewster
    [link] [comments]

    •CODE GIVEAWAY CONTEST•

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:50 PM PST

    Hey guys I have 4 codes I'm giving away! They're Strong Bond Tin: Blissey Sun & moon Sun & moon crimson invasion

    Sun & moon Lost Thunder Blazing Volcano Theme deck

    The contest is you have to guess my favorite anime out of the list I'll post, ONE guess per person and the first 4 people who guess correct I'll send 1 code each.

    The list is

    Outbreak company That time I got reincarnated as a slime High school DXD The seven deadly sins Mahouka koukou no rettousei Nisekoi Strike the blood Rakudai kishi no cavalry Gakusen Toshi asterisk Boku no hero academia Kaichou wa maid sama Trinity seven Hundred Saijaku Muhai no bahamut Tonari no kaibutsu-kun Toradora! Relife Date a live Saiki kusuo no psi nan Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai Classroom of the elite Absolute duo Armed girls machiavellism Himouto! Food wars Full time magister Chrome shelled regios Sky wizard academy Naruto Bleach

    Fairy tail

    1 HINT. It's a anime ;) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

    submitted by /u/Automatic-Target5226
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player here, deck advice for Xerneas rainbow force

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:35 PM PST

    Hey guys, I last played about 2 years ago, and I had a sweet Xerneas rainbow force deck which I really liked playing. The aim of the deck was to put a lot of pokemon of different energy types in my bench, to allow Xerneas to connect for a bunch of damage each time. Mew is a backup attacker as well as an additional type.

    I'm wondering how should I update it with newer cards. I didn't have many staples, which was why I was running a lot of basic pokemon. Thanks!

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 17

    * 1 Hawlucha STS 97

    * 2 Pawniard STS 63

    * 4 Xerneas BKT 107

    * 1 Galvantula STS 42

    * 2 Joltik STS 41

    * 1 Bisharp STS 64

    * 1 Mew FCO 29

    * 1 Remoraid BKT 31

    * 1 Remoraid BKT 32

    * 1 Volcanion-EX PR-XY 173

    * 2 Octillery BKT 33

    ##Trainer Cards - 31

    * 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

    * 1 Super Rod BKT 149

    * 2 Lysandre AOR 78

    * 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

    * 2 Nest Ball SUM 123

    * 1 Brigette BKT 134

    * 2 Cynthia UPR 119

    * 1 Special Charge STS 105

    * 2 Max Elixir BKP 102

    * 3 Switch ROS 91

    * 2 N FCO 105

    * 2 Sky Field ROS 89

    * 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113

    * 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

    * 2 Level Ball NXD 89

    * 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

    ##Energy - 12

    * 8 Fairy Energy Energy 9

    * 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

    Total Cards - 60

    ****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

    submitted by /u/Saberaptor
    [link] [comments]

    Drednaw or Galarian Darmanitan theme deck?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Usually I assume the newest deck is best but the G.D. deck appears to maybe be a stronger deck overall especially for beating the Charizard deck. I would love advice on which to get and why.

    submitted by /u/Bail-Me-Out
    [link] [comments]

    New player with some questions

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:48 AM PST

    I just got into the game this past weekend, and have been doing theme deck versus matches. I'm pretty heavily enfranchised in MtG, so am not new to card games (taking a break from the legacy metagame because that's currently a dumpster fire). That said, I've got a few questions about moving forward and some general gameplay heurstics. (I have looked through other posts here, so I think I understand the basics of how to get coins, how to get packs and trade them, etc.)

    1. Are there deck archetypes in standard/expanded? (In MtG the three typical ones are aggro, control, and combo, with some additional ones between those.) In MtG I know what I like to play, but I haven't really seen traditional archetypes here; it's more color-based.
    2. How do people usually determine the deck they play? In MtG, a lot of people play a specific color(s) of card and stick to their preferred archetype in those colors. In PTCG, would people just play a specific energy type (like only playing steel/fire/water decks)?
    3. Is it better to play first or second? I've been choosing second because I feel like attacking and using a supporter card my first turn is stronger, but I could definitely be wrong with this choice.
    4. I know that I'll eventually want to get into expanded (I'm not a fan of rotating formats). To do this, should I be spending my coins to open old packs that contain exp staples that I would be using and then finish with trading for singles?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JoeJoeBear812
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to build a Vikavolt/Charjabug deck in expanded (for fun to mess around with in LGS). Any suggestions? Not running FB/stadiums because I can’t fit them (and garb is an autoloss anyway). Also is the unbroken bonds Vikavolt better than the Rebel Clash one that I’m running?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:11 PM PST

    new player here, quick question

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:08 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    Where do you guys check what deck is Meta or just news in general about the game?

    submitted by /u/Phillakai
    [link] [comments]

    Is the only way to unlock more decks for trainer challenge to get the ones from the shop?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Since each opponent has 4 stars but you're only given 3 decks. The decks in the shop costing 500 coins. Are these the decks used in trainer challenge? If so which is the best to get? Are you given another free deck later on?

    Edit: also how long does it usually take to get 500 coins? Just started and have 267. I wouldn't mind buying some cards irl and claiming the codes but the inflated prices seem a little too much

    submitted by /u/norn_necro
    [link] [comments]

    *Visible frustration*

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:19 PM PST

    Pokemon's really popular in my group of friends, but they have all stopped playing and moved on to other games, while I still want to play pokemon. I bought a Pikachu and zekrom league battle box but realized that my incompetent self threw the code card for the deck away, and don't feel like spending 16 dollars to buy the code online. Is there a way to get the code back? I have pictures of the physical deck too.

    submitted by /u/monsterhunter30000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment