• Breaking News

    Monday, March 8, 2021

    Pokémon TCG Unusual situation: they'd lose by attacking, win by not attacking. They attacked

    Pokémon TCG Unusual situation: they'd lose by attacking, win by not attacking. They attacked


    Unusual situation: they'd lose by attacking, win by not attacking. They attacked

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:52 PM PST

    Unpopular Opinion: My experience returning to Standard after almost 5 years of not playing it

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:48 PM PST

    For the last two months I've been playing PTCGO every day (with only one missed day due to a crazy busy day at work) and after messing around in Expanded for a month I built an Eternatus deck for Standard.

    I have solid fun with it but one thing I've noticed with Standard vs Expanded is conceding is wildly common. I saw the Loss Wheel is gone now so there is zero reason to stick with a losing match now. Pair that with Standard matches oftentimes being decided within the first turns and I'd guess that's why well over half my daily wins are early game concedes.

    That happened occasionally in Expanded; and years ago conceding was admittedly not out of the norm at all but now it's a bit boring trying to play. 4 times now all my daily wins in Standard were from concedes in the first few minutes. Makes for an easy daily play but not overly fun time.

    Now as I mentioned I get it. The devs pushed it this way taking away the Loss Wheel, which wasn't all that much to begin with. There is absolutely no incentive to stay in a match that isn't in your favor unless you want the experience. More just an observation about the state of Standard PTCGO in my experience. Bear in mind it may differ from yours. I see a ton of V/V Max decks in Expanded but experienced players say they haven't ever seen a V card [in Expanded]. Matchmaking is funny like that.

    submitted by /u/IllusiveManJr
    [link] [comments]

    Is Nidorino Pink or Purple?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:47 AM PST

    Is there a list of all gameplay items that were available for coins, but are now completely unobtainable?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:53 PM PST

    Title. I've seen lists for things that are completely unobtainable, but they excluded the ones that were able to be bought with coins at one point.

    submitted by /u/Mrpuffpuff196
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with coin?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:08 AM PST

    Hi guys, I just started learning the game, beside using coin to list public trade and buying theme decks in the shop, what should I do with the coin?

    submitted by /u/dunyduny111
    [link] [comments]

    First Come First Serve

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Out of stock, plz gimme coins so temmie can go to colleg

    submitted by /u/ARandomBulletKin
    [link] [comments]

    Best Electric type combinations?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:07 AM PST

    Fairly new to the PTCGO and was wondering what other types go well with Electric? I've grown a fondness to Raichu and his playability, any advice is needed.

    Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/traderbynight
    [link] [comments]

    Shining Fates on ptcgo?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:47 AM PST

    When will shining fates be available on ptcgo to purchase with coins? Will it be after today's reset?

    submitted by /u/AgeKay93
    [link] [comments]

    Trade packs for Crobat V now or wait?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:36 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm relatively new to ptcgo and was wondering if I should try to trade for Crobat V now or once Battle Styles comes out?

    It looks like Crobats are going for about 22 VV packs, which I have more than enough coins to get, but would it be worth waiting for battle styles to come out in hopes that it will be worth fewer battle styles packs and I can use fewer coins for the same number of crobats?

    My ideal would be to pick up the crobat v premium box irl so I have an additional physical and digital copy of the card, but who knows when or if those will be available at close to retail prices.

    Thanks for any insight or advice!

    submitted by /u/Dvtests
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie questions about trades: what's going on with Shining Fates ?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:13 AM PST

    So i just started playing two weeks ago, and after a bit of search about how to get started, i just bought a theme deck and went into theme deck events to earn my first few packs.
    I've grinded the versus theme ladder for the tournament tickets and got pretty decent results in tournament and was quite proud of getting my first tradeable packs. I've come to have 10 Vivid voltage and some one offs of others, and i finally started looking at trading to try and make those fructify.

    First things firsts, the interface is awful, and trades are loading very slowly, i can barely get to the 8h mark after 5 minutes of letting it load by searching specifically by pack+code. I've looked a few videos and it seems to load much more faster for them, i've tried looking for a solution to my problem online, but when the game is called pokemon trading card game and you're looking for answers about the trading interface, it's quite difficult. Also sometimes trades don't even load ordered by time left, and i can't seem to understand why, which makes it even more difficult to look for the real offers among the thrash. Is there something i could do for these problems ? It's obviously not my internet, in case you're questioning it

    And secondly, what's going on with shining fates and vivid voltage ? I've grinded tournament tickets and theme event for packs because it would get me started, but now i learn than my 10 vivid voltage packs i've worked for are worth barely 3 shining fates packs, which i can't get for whatever reason ? And apparently a new set will come out in 2 weeks which will decrease Shining Fates Value and makes Vivid Voltage even less useful.
    I'm at a bit of a loss right now, it feels like i can't do much, and even if i enjoy the theme format for now, i was looking forward to get started on the economic aspect of the game, and the deck building. But apparently all i got is worth nothing. Aren't the event rewards always the last pack available (and so the most valuable)? It's what i understood from the information i got on how to get started.
    I'm sorry if it sounds like complaining (which it is) but those are also valid questions i'm concerned about.

    submitted by /u/Kaylans
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this A promo vivillion for 20 shiny?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:58 AM PST

    Newbie looking for tips

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:01 AM PST

    I started 3-4 days ago, I played a while back in 2015, I don't remember why I quit (probably because I suck, and back then I didn't even know Reddit existed)

    I usually just play versus (theme deck) since I already got Soaring Storm, Relentless Flame, Charizard Theme Deck.

    Any tips on what should I really be doing? I want to build a deck but still got zero knowledge and most probably not enough cards.

    Any advice is appreciated, thank you

    submitted by /u/sempaker
    [link] [comments]

    Crabominable BUS74 and Protection cube.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 02:01 AM PST

    Am I being really dumb or is something amiss here. I played an expanded tournament now in the online tcg. The guy I was playing against played a crabominable BUS74 and he attached a Protection cube tool to it. I had a Ninetales V as my active pokemon and used flamethrower (180 damage) but it did no damage at all to the crabominable every turn? The guy then proceeded to win the tournament. I tried to figure out what negated the damage but he quite literally only had the crabominable as active and 2 crabrawlers on the bench? He used no other damage negating supporters or anything like that.

    submitted by /u/zXiviaNz
    [link] [comments]

    Special energy

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:53 PM PST

    Quick question. I see a lot of decks running only like 2 copies of a special energy and the rest are basic energies. Why? Isnt it better to have 4 copies of the special one?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Demand4699
    [link] [comments]

    my freind hates losing

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:44 AM PST

    About card trading

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:46 PM PST

    What are the cards that holds value after rotation?

    submitted by /u/Necessary_Dingo_4320
    [link] [comments]

    Quick newbie question: Not sure what my online cards are worth in trading

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:43 PM PST

    So I just noticed that these two tradable cards are in my collection, and wondering if I should trade them, and what for if I trade them.

    -Zacian 082/185

    -Galarian Obstagoon 198/185

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/HankBBQ
    [link] [comments]

    Spare Newsletter Code for 3 SHF

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:29 PM PST

    9JMCQRJGN2LW9

    submitted by /u/iantanchingco
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with Vivid Voltage Packs?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 02:14 PM PST

    I have a truckload of Vivid Voltage packs and I don't know what to do with them. I know VIV is not a valuable set and I'm trying to trade them for Secret Rare Quick Balls, but it seems like no one wants to take VIVs for their Quick Balls anymore. Is there any other card that holds value as well as Quick Ball? Computer Search is not the answer because its value isn't as reliable as Quick Ball (check ptcgoprices.com).

    What should I do with all my Vivid Voltage packs? Hopefully this thread will help others in the same situation.

    submitted by /u/rcoopi66
    [link] [comments]

    Trading just feels awful, I absolutely hate it

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:26 AM PST

    I wanted to start playing Standard after 3 years of playing Theme only. I picked a fun deck from the web, partecipated in a giveaway to get a tradable ViV pack and with trades I very slowly worked my way up to get more packs. Everything was smooth, until the new set got added to the game. At this point I only needed two copies of a single card to complete my deck, I needed two Dedenne-GX. Before the new set I was seeing this card getting sold for up to 5 packs, that was actually fine for me but I didn't have enough packs for them. The new set came, and it absolutely devastated me. Dedenne-GX spiked in price to around 12 ViV and rising. Luckily I managed to get enough for one copy but for the second I have to do everything again with the new packs. This is extremely infuriating since what I am building isn't supposed to be competitive. I really just wanted to relax and play for fun, instead I'm getting mad at a incredibly laggy list screen of terrible trades and on a Trade Expired notification.

    submitted by /u/SSUPII
    [link] [comments]

    Stalling

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 01:09 PM PST

    Hey, can I report people that are stalling? If I can, how do I do so? Should I record the game? This person literally just does nothing after each action and just wait until his timer runs out

    submitted by /u/sempaker
    [link] [comments]

    What Should I Do With 100+ Packs?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 11:14 AM PST

    I have collected 101 vivid voltage packs through tournaments and I have 60 shining fates packs from trading. I'm afraid that they will lose all value once Battle Styles releases, so what should I do? Are there any cards to buy that will be good once battle styles releases?

    submitted by /u/Cjmann22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment