• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    Pokémon TCG Why does the trading system have to be such a hassle? It's slow and inconvenient

    Pokémon TCG Why does the trading system have to be such a hassle? It's slow and inconvenient


    Why does the trading system have to be such a hassle? It's slow and inconvenient

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:32 PM PST

    So much of the frustration of PTCGO's trading system comes from the whole thing needing to be done slowly and manually. It could easily be made faster and automatic, but apparently this is not a high priority for the game's developers. I know, this is a prime example of a first world problem, but it's also something that could easily be fixed.

    Like for instance, I'll give the developers credit for having enough sense to list only potential trades that you actually have enough of the cards to give up for. In other words, only trades that are possible for you are displayed, and you don't have to sift through a list of "wish list" trades. But why can't there be an option to narrow it down so that you're only getting cards you don't already have? In other words, disable any trades unless the other person is giving you at least one copy of a card you don't already have. I don't need a million duplicates.

    Or, how about disabling all trades where I'm giving away anything until I have zero copies of that card? I don't want to lose unique copies of any of my cards; why can't we show only trades that have me giving away cards that I already have a surplus of?

    How about being able to disable trades where I'm only getting common and/or uncommon cards? Presumably, those crop up often enough in booster packs that I don't have to worry too much about hunting them down; it's only the rares that I'm really going after.

    There could also be an algorithm where the game hides trades that are obviously ripping me off, like the value of what I'm getting is nowhere even close to the value of what I'm giving. This could easily be cross-referenced with the internet.

    There could even be an option where all these filters are in place, and I just go down the list and tap each one to approve or deny and complete the trades that quickly. It could even be automatic, and I could go down the list and complete hundreds of trades all at the same time with the push of a button. This would increase my number of different cards owned drastically within a second. But no, I have to manually go down each one and see whether it's worth it to me. If filters can be applied while deck editing, why can't they also exist for card trading?

    submitted by /u/Ariacle
    [link] [comments]

    Which Youtuber do you like the best for PTCGO content?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:40 AM PST

    Or comment if you like someone else the best!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/DarkRayRay23
    [link] [comments]

    How much money have you spent on the game? I’ve been playing on and of for 2-3 years and I’ve probably spend about £100 is that a lot compared to yall?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:58 AM PST

    Codes!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:21 PM PST

    DM and Upvote for two Codes! EDIT: OUT

    submitted by /u/bromhypebeast
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon team Challenge playoffs

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:42 AM PST

    Guys have you found any info about the upcomming playoffs? It's in less than two weeks and there has been no communication

    https://tournamentcenter.gg/playoffs/

    Still has not been updated

    submitted by /u/LalafellRulez
    [link] [comments]

    I got Pikachu and Zekrom in a pack, and I've heard the card was good so I would like to make a deck with him, does anyone have any tips on how I could make one?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:58 AM PST

    I'm somewhat new to PTCGO so any info would help :D

    submitted by /u/Jackus_01
    [link] [comments]

    Galarian Weezing Counters?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 06:59 AM PST

    I have run into a couple decks with Galarian Weezing and keep getting ruined by their Neutralizing Gas ability. On top of this, sometimes included in the deck is the Black Market stadium card so even if I do knock it out, it can be hard to take prize cards.

    I wondering if there was any good counters to this deck and any cards/strategies I could incorporate into my deck to help beat it?

    Thanks in advance for any help :)

    submitted by /u/Quantum9898
    [link] [comments]

    Universal deck for expanded and standard?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 03:56 AM PST

    Hi guys. So I'd like to attend a limitless online tournaments. They change the format between standard and expanded. That's why I'd like to ask if there's a deck strong enough for both with no or minimal changes. I don't have a lot of cards so I would have to buy them, so it would be the best if the cards weren't super expensive.

    I've been playing leonzard so far and I like it, but setting up 4 zards asap does not always work out. But if it does I was able to crush almost everything. That's why I'm thinking about building a deck around basic Pokémon. I wanted to build ADPZ since I already have the supporter Pokémon for it, but limitless has banned ADP in standard and I've read it's not the best in expanded. What would you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/niC00L
    [link] [comments]

    locked booster packs

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:45 PM PST

    in light of the forthcoming rotations, what is the best locked booster pack to get atm other than waiting for BST?

    thought some UNB would be good - but i read welder might be going so maybe not so much?

    submitted by /u/fcuk112
    [link] [comments]

    Codes for one box of Sword and Shield

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:45 PM PST

    Question about rotation, meta, trading.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:59 PM PST

    Hi I'm generally new to the game but I'm learning at a good phase and I think I'm ready to build my first standard deck. I currently have 30 packs of SHF, 25 packs of CHP, 10+ packs of ViV and other random packs that will sum up to 100+ packs. I also already have staple pokemons like dedenne and eldegoss. My questions are:

    •Should I build my Standard deck rn, or should I wait for the new expansion to come? •When is the new expansion coming? •Should I trade my packs before the expansion hits? •How does pack value changes? •How does rotation works on Pokemon tcg? Can you give me an indepth guide, or maybe a link to an article explaining how cards are removed and replaced in the standard format?

    I'm really enjoying the game so far! Thanks for answering my questions.

    submitted by /u/Necessary_Dingo_4320
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to make (Creep show Gengar/Surprise bite crobat)I wanna do my best to make it as consistent, Perhaps more Rosa, Counter energy works with same prize cards to allow me to attack with Crobat V, I was thinking of using scoop up nets. I just wanted to create a healthy stage two Deck.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:37 AM PST

    Which battle style packs will you buy with coins and why is it rapid strike

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:55 AM PST

    also, will we get two different packs to buy?

    submitted by /u/SaltyPirate69
    [link] [comments]

    Time to use Wally !

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:07 PM PST

    Hello guys! Finally Wally can be use again. What decks would be the perfect fit for Wally ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/cicomat89
    [link] [comments]

    Trading packs in game

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:03 PM PST

    I have a couple dozen 6 card packs for vivid voltage and other collections. What should i do with them? No one seams to be willing to trade... should I open them? Pls help

    submitted by /u/TheMusicOfGaia
    [link] [comments]

    Are Theme Decks going away?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:53 AM PST

    So I've been reading a few articles about the new V Style Decks and how they're there to help the new players get adjusted to the game. My question is are the V Style Decks replacing Theme Decks PTCGO or will they be separate? And if they do, what happens to the decks we've already bought?

    Personally, I'd love for them to replace Theme Decks. And I truly hope these Battle Decks don't come with 20 Energy Cards.

    What do you guys think will happen?

    submitted by /u/OMN1TR0N
    [link] [comments]

    How rare is it to get a Vmax out of a common chest?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:42 PM PST

    Just wondering because I just got a Rillaboom Vmax out of one and wanted to see if I was lucky or not.

    submitted by /u/Wonky-Kong
    [link] [comments]

    How does the game determine who flips the coin?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:47 AM PST

    Double colorless energy limit

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:35 AM PST

    I thought the limit was 4 in a deck but I counted 4 in this guy's discard pile and he had two in play so I'm so confused! 😧

    submitted by /u/faye18ful
    [link] [comments]

    Well that's frustrating... Tournament issue.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:20 AM PST

    Just completed a Theme tournament with a Fire deck, and it didn't count any of the damage towards my level 1 Fire Challenge (1000 damage).

    Is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/90Kitsune
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment