• Breaking News

    Friday, September 10, 2021

    Pokémon TCG There is "news" of a PTCGO code-generator bot. Do not click on any links regarding this as this is most likely a virus, scam, etc.

    Pokémon TCG There is "news" of a PTCGO code-generator bot. Do not click on any links regarding this as this is most likely a virus, scam, etc.


    There is "news" of a PTCGO code-generator bot. Do not click on any links regarding this as this is most likely a virus, scam, etc.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    Please do not click on, engage, or participate in any news or links you see regarding a new PTCGO Code Generator bot.

    These scams/viruses are nothing new, and will only result in your PC, PTCGO account, or more becoming affected from this.

    submitted by /u/OU7C4ST
    [link] [comments]

    It's finally time! Standard rotation happened a day early

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    One-Prize Decks Rejoice

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    Jolteon VMAX - a diamond in the rough?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    So I played a few games last night with Jolteon VMAX (using the list in TrickyGym's video here).

    Idea of the deck

    The main idea of the deck is to get Jolteon VMAX into play and use its sole attack every turn, while also pinging damage to the bench (with other cards to begin with, then Jolteon itself).

    Getting Jolteon VMAX into play and attacking can ostensibly be done on your second turn (if you go first and get Jolteon in play) provided you can find the VMAX, an energy and the tool card Elemental Badge (which reduces the energy cost of Jolteon's attack).

    What does Jolteon VMAX do?

    The VMAX attack does 100 damage to the active and 100 damage to the bench if any of the benched Pokemon have damage counters on them already. This means with Inteleon using quick shooting to do 20 damage to the bench, or Galarian Zigzagoon doing 10 damage to any Pokemon, the damage racks up quite quickly.

    Moreover, with no way of bench damage being prevented, the deck can take out lots of low HP basic and stage 1 Pokemon (such as Sobble, Drizzile etc). It also has access to Cheryl to heal (due to the low energy cost of its attack) as well as Path to the Peak.

    The downsides

    Jolteon is weak to fighting, and with 300HP, the Urshifu match-up is pretty much a guaranteed loss (as is probably any match-up against fighting types who can deal 150 damage or more).

    I think also, getting Jolteon into play early so it can evolve is also quite critical to the deck. If you lose an attack, the deck can fall behind quite quickly, (although there is Cheryl to rely on to try and comeback).

    This may not be a downside as such, but I feel like in the mirror match it would seem to me whoever gets set up first gains a winning advantage. Still, it is better than playing this deck against Urshifu.

    The upsides

    Both Jolteon and Jolteon VMAX have free retreat cost, which reduces the need for switch cards in the deck.

    With the 100 damage to the active and 100 damage to the already damaged bench, the deck has good (if not automatically winning) match-ups against single prize decks, more or less in the same way Rapid Strike Urshifu does.

    As mentioned before, the Cheryl tech is useful in a 'two-shot meta' and Path to the Peak can hurt ability reliant decks.

    Games I played with the deck

    I played 11 games with the deck last night and won 7 games (although one loss was a disconnection while I was taking the first two prize cards...) Here is a summary of the games:

    • vs Rapid Strike Malamar (W) - I feel like Malamar has lost a lot with the rotation in losing both bench barrier Mew and Oricorio-GX.
    • vs Dragapult Inteleon (W x 3) - I found Jolteon was able to set up more quickly and take out the benched Sobbles/Drizziles
    • vs Shadow Rider Calyrex (L) - but a close loss. (One of those situations where I passed and my opponent found Boss off a Marnie for game.)
    • vs Ice Rider Calyrex (W) - again taking out Sobbles helped and Cheryl came in clutch. I feel however if Jolteon does not get a good opening hand, or goes second, this is a tough match-up.
    • vs Suicune Ludicolo (W) - win mainly due to weakness
    • vs Rapid Strike Urshifu (L x 2) - I tried to play the first game out, but my opponent just set up the Urshifu V and there was nothing I could do, so I scooped the second game on the first turn.
    • vs Zacian Zamazenta Inteleon (W) - Path helped a lot with this.
    • vs Zacian Inteleon Ludicolo (L) - Disconnection after knocking out Sobble and a Lotad.

    Closing Thoughts

    I feel that the deck itself is pretty solid and will see play. In the TrickyGym list there are maybe a couple of flex options (for instance 3 Drizzile instead of 4) for other tech cards to be added. The trouble is I'm really not sure what you would add besides more ways of finding Pokemon on the first turn (such as great ball), or maybe a Crobat. I was also considering an Escape Rope, maybe.

    I wonder if perhaps Jolteon may see play as a 2-2 line in other decks, perhaps alongside Dragapult. Either way, it will be interesting to see how the meta-game shapes up, and if Jolteon will feature in any small part of it.

    submitted by /u/Trimalchio8
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Glaceon VMax

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Hey guys I'm fairly new to playing the TCG game about a week or two at this point and built an Ice Rider Calyrex deck to start with and due to what I had in my collection put Glaceon V and VMax in my deck (as a 2 and 1 of) and more times then not Glaceon VMax has been a solid card in the deck and have been able to win games from it's ability protecting it from opponents VMaxs and paired with Inteleon able to snipe and put a good amount of damage on the bench.

    I don't know if this card is actually good (especially due to the standard rotation now) or just fringe cases where Glaceon has shined but I wanted to know the communities thoughts on the card and gather insight from the players more knowledgeable about the game.

    submitted by /u/gimard
    [link] [comments]

    I have tons of these and I’m tired of storing them, so heres a few! Enjoy

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    New low quality meme but funni

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    Somehow managed to beat expanded SR Calyrex with Rayquaza EX of all things! Considering all of the power creep in Pokémon nowadays, it’s nice to win with an older archetype. What do you guys think that Pokémon could do to balance things out so older cards don’t get left completely in the dust?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    During Hard Times you have to Vent your Anger and Fight Alone - you might even resort to Foul Play!

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    Another EVS Zoroark deck. If you don't care about losing to ADP swap the Swell and the Ranger for 2 Field Blowers because Togekiss plays Weakness Policy

    Pokémon - 24

    • 1 Ditto {*}
    • 4 Zorua EVS
    • 1 Zoroark BLW
    • 3 Zoroark EVS
    • 1 Crabominable UNB
    • 1 Flareon AOR
    • 1 Golisopod DAA
    • 1 Dedenne-GX
    • 1 Jolteon AOR
    • 1 Tapu Lele-GX
    • 1 Mew UNB
    • 1 Alolan-Muk SUM
    • 4 Magikarp CIN
    • 3 Gyarados BUS

    Trainers - 32

    • 3 Professor Sycamore
    • 1 CPU Search
    • 3 Trainer's Mail
    • 4 Pokécom
    • 2 Rescue Stretcher
    • 1 Pokémon Ranger
    • 1 Chaotic Swell
    • 1 Roxie
    • 3 Battle Compressor
    • 1 Special Charge
    • 1 Teammates
    • 1 Cynthia
    • 1 Guzma
    • 1 N
    • 4 Ultraball
    • 4 VS Seeker

    Energy

    • 4 DCE
    submitted by /u/begselwalch
    [link] [comments]

    What are the current best booster to buy ?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    (Newbie here) So I have already bought Relentless Flame, Soaring Storm, Unseen Depth, and Galarian Darmanitan theme deck, and I don't know what to buy next.

    I kinda want to move to standard format, but I don't have enough good cards. Any advice ?

    submitted by /u/Tesgoul
    [link] [comments]

    Am I getting ripped off here? This seems crazy price for a promo card. I'm pretty new to trading.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    Been trying for so long worked up to 7 quickballs to find out even the deckbox is still outta reach sheeeshhhh.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Game Is Back Online. Patch Notes Found Here!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Code cards for anyone who wants them.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    Are match ups rigged?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    Was playing theme deck versus with rillaboom, getting a few charizard decks and figured it was just the meta. I switch to Charizard, I immediately get matched up with every water deck in the format. Does this game hate me? Am I that unlucky? Or is there some other shit going on? (jokes with a hint of rage).

    submitted by /u/Gmanofgambit982
    [link] [comments]

    Eternatus V Max deck help, please

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:49 AM PDT

    Hey, everyone I recently got back to playing, and I've seen some videos online about making Eternatus V max better. I got some cards from trades and some from locked packs. Can yall help me with the deck to make it consistent? Also, the path to the peak kills me, is there something to help with that?

    ##Pokémon - 17

    * 4 Crobat V DAA 182

    * 4 Eternatus V PR-SW 44

    * 2 Galarian Moltres V CRE 97

    * 1 Hoopa DAA 111

    * 1 Umbreon V EVS 94

    * 4 Eternatus VMAX PR-SW 45

    * 1 Umbreon VMAX EVS 95

    ##Trainer Cards - 33

    * 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163

    * 4 Boss's Orders RCL 189

    * 3 Marnie SSH 200

    * 4 Professor's Research SSH 201

    * 4 Quick Ball SSH 216

    * 4 Energy Switch SSH 162

    * 4 Great Ball SSH 164

    * 4 Switch EVO 88

    * 1 Tool Jammer BST 136

    * 2 Old Cemetery CRE 147

    ##Energy - 10

    * 8 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 7

    * 2 Hiding {D} Energy DAA 175

    Total Cards - 60

    submitted by /u/mromarion18
    [link] [comments]

    unofficial poll: you can only choose one. what type of player are you?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    Before dealing the winning blow do you:

    A. Send "well played!" or

    B. Send the grinning smiley

    I'm type-A, and get annoyed by type-B, which I assume is why they do it lol. What type are you?

    submitted by /u/NibblesMcGiblet
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing on an iPad and after the update it won’t let me log in, does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried reinstalling the app.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:27 PM PDT

    Deckbuilding help

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Hey! So I wanted to build a post rotation deck and had a bunch of stuff for rapid style urshifu so I threw this together and was looking for any help or suggestions. This is pretty much the first deck that I kinda built on my own, I usually got my deck lists from either limitless or from other people I've played but this is the first time I'm just throwing one together so I'm assuming its got flaws.

    Help is greatly appreciated!

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 25

    * 1 Passimian CRE 88

    * 4 Rapid Strike Urshifu V BST 152

    * 3 Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX BST 88

    * 3 Remoraid BST 36

    * 4 Sobble CRE 41

    * 4 Drizzile SSH 56

    * 2 Octillery BST 37

    * 1 Inteleon SSH 58

    * 3 Inteleon CRE 43

    ##Trainer Cards - 27

    * 4 Level Ball BST 181

    * 2 Tower of Waters BST 138

    * 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154

    * 4 Quick Ball SSH 179

    * 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168

    * 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163

    * 1 Air Balloon SSH 156

    * 4 Professor's Research SSH 178

    * 3 Marnie SSH 200

    * 2 Telescopic Sight VIV 160

    * 1 Switch SSH 183

    * 1 Escape Rope BST 125

    ##Energy - 8

    * 4 Rapid Strike Energy BST 140

    * 4 Fighting Energy SWSHEnergy 6

    Total Cards - 60

    ****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

    submitted by /u/Prototype338
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else try vikavolt v inteleon control deck yet?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    Is this happening to anyone else? I thought maintenance was over

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    Raihan seems to be bugged but only with Amazing Rare pokemon (maybe).

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Title. My opponent used Inteleon Vmax's MAX bullet attack to knock out my active amazing Rare Jirachi. I had Raihan in my hand and I could not play the card even though my Jirachi was knocked out during my opponents last turn. Another time my flaaffy was knocked out and I could use it without issue. Has anyone else had this or a similar issue?

    submitted by /u/Lambuerto
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment