• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Pokémon TCG Is this online game still popular?

    Pokémon TCG Is this online game still popular?


    Is this online game still popular?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:26 PM PST

    So, I haven't played ptcgo for years but realised it is still about. Is the game still popular? and is it worth starting again? I lost my old account.

    submitted by /u/joestew87
    [link] [comments]

    How to sort by tradeable cards

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:59 PM PST

    I accidentally opened a tradeable pack how do I find the cards

    submitted by /u/MJ167
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Cards

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:04 PM PST

    I recently started play ptcgo again because my family's computer broke and I had nothing to play it on. Anyway, I had checked my trades out of boredom and saw some cards that I had received and didn't see in my collection when I was making decks. I was wondering what I could do about this because according to my trade history, this cost me a Rainbow Rare Espeon GX and full art Mysterious Treasure (from what I can tell). I have on no filters and it doesn't show the cards.

    submitted by /u/AwesomeEevee133
    [link] [comments]

    Pikachu Zekrom GX

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:34 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    A while back I was perusing the toxic cesspool known as the official (not reddit) forum of this game and came across a post from a new player (who probably didn't have any EX or GX cards) complaining that the EX and GX cards are OP.

    Instantly downvoted into oblivion with people saying, "EXs don't stand a chance against my deck which has non-EX pokemon which you have never heard of nor seen and are very hard to get."

    The thing is, these people (the new players) may have a point.

    Take the Pikachu Zekrom GX card.

    It has 240 HP, par for the course with these cards and really nothing if you have any pokemon that can target its weakness.

    Now, let's look at the attacks.

    It's non-GX attack (full Blitz) requires 3 electric energy and deals 150 damage. Again, more powerful than most other card? Yup, but the 3 prize cards you get to draw if you knock it out really make up for it.

    But this attack also lets you attach up to 3 electric energy to your benched or active pokemon. You have two options here.

    1. Attach the 3 energy to this card, prepping it for it's GX attack, or
    2. attach the energy to your benched pokemon so that even when this card is knocked out, you still have a bunch of pokemon on your bench with enough energy to use their strongest moves.

    Now, let's move onto the GX attack (Tag Bolt). If this pokemon has 3 electric energy + 3 energy of any type (you'll probably be using electric), you can deal 170 damage to one of your opponents benched pokemon on top of the 200 damage (which only requires 3 electric energt) you deal to their active pokemon. That's a lot. Odds are you can use this pokemon to draw three or more prize cards in less than 4 turns (turn 1, attach energy (possibly OHKO your opponents pokemon), turn 2, use GX move and draw two prize cards for the two knocked out pokemon, 3. ???, 4. Profit!)

    And if you don't have any pokemon that can target its weakness, you're in for a long fight. If the player with the GX has any cards that can force the opponent to switch their pokemon, they can annihilate any pokemon they've been attaching energy to.

    Or at least that's my experience playing this card for the past few weeks.

    Am I saying that this card should be nerfed? HELL NO. I've had so much fun with this thing,

    But here's the thing. This card can and does make appearances in low tiers. I got mine really early on, and a fair few of the electric decks that I've come across have this card in them. And I totally get why people complain about GXs because of cards like this, and I think the toxic cesspool really should stop being so toxic when people complain about their game.

    If you want to downvote this, go ahead, but leave an explanation in the comments. I'd like to hear any valid criticism.

    submitted by /u/kaizer1419
    [link] [comments]

    New Player - Budget Decks

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:52 AM PST

    Looking for a good budget deck, been playing theme for too long, chuck us pastebins and the pricing of the not-so-common cards, cheers

    submitted by /u/RubAHippo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment