• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Pokémon TCG i started playing ptcgo within the past 2 weeks, and have streamed it most days that i can. people from this community come to my chat everyday and give me codes for packs for no other reason than just being nice and to watch my excitement of opening them. i love it here. please never change ❤️

    Pokémon TCG i started playing ptcgo within the past 2 weeks, and have streamed it most days that i can. people from this community come to my chat everyday and give me codes for packs for no other reason than just being nice and to watch my excitement of opening them. i love it here. please never change ❤️


    i started playing ptcgo within the past 2 weeks, and have streamed it most days that i can. people from this community come to my chat everyday and give me codes for packs for no other reason than just being nice and to watch my excitement of opening them. i love it here. please never change ❤️

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    Codes for my beautiful people

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Single Strike Urshifu

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    Hi folks, I hope you are all having a good day!

    I just wanted to start a dialogue about Single Strike Urshifu decks in the current metagame and where people place it. I personally have found success with this archetype and have accrued ~60% win rate with my deck list.

    It does have consistency issues and sometimes you insta lose if you can't get going early on but the right deck list can help you to ensure your strategy goes off as often as it can.

    In terms of match ups, it does very well against Rapid Strike Urshifu, PikaRom, Eternatus and holds well against ADP and LucaMetal. It can struggle against Dhelmise and Cursola if it can't get off the ground fast enough and hard Psychic decks like Mewtwo and Mew and Dragapult VMAX will give you trouble but you still have outs. I haven't in the last 35 games played Mad Party so I can't really say how it fares though I imagine pretty well considering Urshifu is so bulky and doesn't need One Blow for single prizers.

    Basically, the jist of where I'm going with this is that I'd like to hear from other people's experiences with Single Strike Urshifu, where they rate it tier wise currently and why it is that it's a rarely played archetype.

    Thanks for the read and please lemme know your Single Strike experiences!

    submitted by /u/LordofSuns
    [link] [comments]

    All stage 2 Pokemon meant for hitting should have at least 200 hp, change my mind

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    I think this point is good just looking at it this way: You take 3 turns to get a stage 2 Pokemon. First turn, place Pokemon. Second turn, evolve into stage 1. Third turn, finally stage 2.

    Now a Tag Team, all are placed down and have more hp than all stage 2, with just taking 1 turn to place down. The average V, not even VMAX, will also have more hp with just taking 1 turn to place down, and most have stronger hits. VMAX take 2 turns, and I'm pretty sure all have a stronger hit than all stage 2.

    It doesn't make sense to me that a stage 2 takes minimum 3 turns to set up (not counting any cards that negate the rule to wait after placing a Pokemon turn of to evolve), and has so much less damage than Pokemon that take 1 and at most 2.

    And on a side not, this would make skill-less theme decks cough cough Relentless Flame cough cough pretty useless if a theme deck had a 200hp hitter. Pretty sure Rillaboom is the only Pokemon in a theme deck that could survive a Charizard with no previous energy on it hitting it one turn, if it wasn't weak. Place 1 energy, use ability, immediate 180 damage I'm pretty sure no theme deck has a Pokemon that can survive. I hate Relentless Flame if you couldn't tell.

    Okay bye

    submitted by /u/____Maximus____
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts On Formats

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    So far I have just been enjoying events and probably will play events for quite awhile. In general I would really like to get into a constructed format.

    I am curious how everyone feels about which formats feels the best for deck variety and "freedom" to build decks that are interesting.

    I know it is basically inevitable for CCGs/TCGs to have "top decks" but am curious how PTCGO fairs in this regard. Are the "meta" decks so far above the top that building your own decks feels bad?

    Standard: I know that it is probably the best for new players but normally I am just not a fan of small card pools.

    Expanded: This is probably the one I am most interested in since I feel it would be fun having a larger card pool.

    Legacy: I am actually curious about this format because I kind of like the idea of a non rotating format and lower power level cards. Only thing is there are no events for this format :(

    submitted by /u/RedditNoremac
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no other way to play aside from Theme, Standard, and Expanded formats?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get into PTCGO and have been playing lots of Theme battles.

    I'd love to modify my theme deck or even make one from scratch, but the only options to use those decks are in Standard and Expanded.

    But whenever I try those I just get demolished by competitive meta decks full of GX/VMAX/etc cards where there's no hope for me. And I don't have the time/money to buy packs/cards/codes to copy those meta decks out there.

    Is there not like a medium play format where you can use decks beyond theme decks but still play against people with simpler decks that aren't designed to OHKO every turn?

    Edit: So it sounds like I'm out of luck (only real option is to play versus with specific people who agree on a house rule). Dang. Sounds like a format where 2-prize cards are banned would be exactly what I'm looking for. Hell I'd even take match-making and ranked stuff. MTG Arena and Hearthstone both have this so even though you play standard you're still paired with a fairly even opponent.

    submitted by /u/Tuckertcs
    [link] [comments]

    More Code giveaways!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    UPDATE 2: All codes have been give out, thank you everyone for sharing some really cool stories! u/Akshay_1122 won the big lot with Ho-oh :)

    UPDATE: All 6 pack codes are gone! No one has yet matched with my top 6, so small update to the rules. Same rules apply, but also attach your guess for a Pokemon in my top 6. Hint: They are residents of Jhoto and Hoen, and all but one can fly!


    Hey y'all! Back with some more codes, wanted to make it more fair this time. I have 10 "packs" of 6 codes, and one bigger one with 20 codes.

    Rules are simple:

    • comment your favorite Pokémon, and why it is your favorite.
    • optional: You can also any cool memories with this Pokémon.
    • first person to match one of my top 6 favorites gets the 20 code pack.

    I will pick the other 10 at random, and I will edit this post once they are all gone :)

    PS: images will expire in an hour after shared, so please save/redeem them quick!

    submitted by /u/caquillo07
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when unstoppable energy denial deck meets immovable Bronzong Cheryl deck

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    How is that possible and any idea how to get one?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    What to play for Players Cup 4 - meta help

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    So I can't afford RS usifuru. I've been looking at most meta reports for the last week to work out what to play, but it seems outside of adp and RS, the next few decks are all over the place.

    Namely, my options are pikarom, victini mew3 box, tempozard or mad party. I have only been playing mad party and tempozard expanded for the last 6 months, so I'm not familiar with the standard format.

    This video from a few hours ago is really pushing mad party or tempozard, but justinbasil has victini as the best choice at #3, and doesn't even list mad party. I'm not sure what to go, any advice from people familiar with the standard meta and match ups would be great.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_sMqTqNVQ

    submitted by /u/Mayhar
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get a key to entry a Player Cup Qualifier?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    How to Expandize my vivid voltage Charizard deck?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    What are some cards that I should tech into my charizard deck? I'm thinking about battle compresser and vs seekers, the usual. Are there any other cards I should think about? Maybe replacing quick balls with ultra balls? Oh and I should def get an aspec card. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/goatalicious
    [link] [comments]

    What Does SS Urshifu Need to Become Tier 1?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Why does RS Urshifu see so much success compared to its SS counterpart? Is there any support outside of Houndoom that isn't very well known yet?

    submitted by /u/daydaywang
    [link] [comments]

    I set up my player ID a month in advance, even gave my address and non required information, and it still won’t give me player’s cup keys. Is there anything I’m missing besides setting up the player ID because I missed PC3 for this same reason and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Anyone else still not seeing PC4 in their event que?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    I have 50 keys but it's just showing the normal 3 events

    submitted by /u/zumi13
    [link] [comments]

    750 damage with dragon type pokemom challenge not working?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    I did plenty of damage with my turtonator from the mewtwo theme deck and the challenge didn't update at all? Is there something I'm missing here?

    submitted by /u/cosmicucumber
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with my ADP Expanded Deck

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    I use this deck to grind the ladder to get my daily wins. I know, ADP sucks, and I don't use it when I'm playing standard, but I feel less bad in Expanded because there are some WILD decks there. How can I optimize this list? I don't have any Ace Specs.

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 9

    * 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 221

    * 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66

    * 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

    * 1 Mawile-GX UNM 227

    * 3 Zacian V SSH 138

    * 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

    ##Trainer Cards - 38

    * 4 Metal Saucer SSH 170

    * 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

    * 4 Quick Ball SSH 179

    * 1 Choice Band GRI 121

    * 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187

    * 3 Guzma BUS 115

    * 3 Max Elixir BKP 102

    * 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

    * 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193

    * 2 Float Stone PLF 99

    * 4 Professor's Research SSH 201

    * 2 Great Catcher CEC 192

    * 4 Tag Call CEC 206

    * 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

    * 1 Target Whistle Team Flare Gear PHF 106

    ##Energy - 13

    * 3 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

    * 10 Metal Energy Energy 8

    Total Cards - 60

    submitted by /u/TotalMUTNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of any trainers or pokemon that could help expand my deck?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    Where do you get / What is the value of those blastoise sleeves?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment