• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 28, 2021

    Pokémon TCG the most perfect golden rare!!

    Pokémon TCG the most perfect golden rare!!


    the most perfect golden rare!!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    [New Card Revealed] Shadow Rider Calyrex Vmax

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    Psychic 320 HP

    Ability: Once during your turn, you may attach a psychic energy from your hand to 1 of your benched psychic pokemon, then draw 2 cards

    3 Colorless Energy 10+: this attack does 30 more damage for each psychic energy attached to your pokemon in play.

    Weakness: dark

    Resistance: fighting

    Retreat cost: 2

    This is absurdly strong! Take note that the ability doesnt have the 1 per turn limitation. So its very viable to have 4 shadow rider on your bench and accelerate 4 energies per turn while drawing 8 cards. This is zoroark-gx super saiyan mode dang.

    Source: credits to ptcgradio. https://youtu.be/zy-1GU4nMYY

    Edit: moar reveals https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/03/ice-rider-shadow-rider-calyrex-vmax-cresselia-melony-and-more-from-s6-revealed

    submitted by /u/iantanchingco
    [link] [comments]

    Fun budget deck list- Budget Bats!

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    Last week I posted this Salamence VMAX-Bronzong deck list, and now I am following up with something different- a really cheap and fun deck list that uses the new Crobat and Golbat from Battle Styles. This is a really cheap deck- not a single V, VMAX or GX- and as with all the best budget decks it's surprisingly good. No it's not a top tier deck but you will win quite a few games, including against a lot of the best decks. The deck was originally posted by SAbleyes on Youtube, so I am posting the link. I made a few changes to his decklist. Some comments on playstyle and the list follow the list itself!

    1. Deck list

    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

    ##Pokémon - 22

    * 2 Snorlax VIV 131

    * 4 Croagunk SSH 123

    * 4 Zubat BST 89

    * 4 Golbat BST 90

    * 3 Toxicroak SSH 124

    * 1 Crobat BST 91

    * 1 Mew UNB 76

    * 3 Crobat UNB 66

    ##Trainer Cards - 27

    * 4 Quick Ball SSH 179

    * 4 Level Ball AOR 76

    * 1 Chaotic Swell CEC 187

    * 4 Piers SHF 69

    * 3 Marnie SSH 169

    * 1 Fan of Waves BST 127

    * 2 Boss's Orders SHF 58

    * 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165

    * 4 Evolution Incense SSH 163

    ##Energy - 11

    * 4 Capture Energy RCL 171

    * 3 Twin Energy RCL 174

    * 4 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

    Total Cards - 60

    ****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

    2. Deck concept and tactics

    So one of the reasons I like this deck is the draw/consistency engine is completely different. It is based on the Crobat line. The Battle Styles Golbat lets you draw 2 cards when you play it down, and Crobat lets you draw 3. The deck runs four copies of Scoop Up Net so you can pick them up and put them down again. Piers helps you to find your Zubats, Golbats and Battle Styles Crobat.

    For attacking, you are using the Unbroken Bonds Crobat (which is why there is only one Battle Styles Crobat). This has an awesome attack and a great ability. The ability makes it immune to damage and all effects of attacks when you play it down, until the end of the next turn. The attack, which takes three colorless, is Severe Poison- 60 plus 40 poison between each turn. Then we play Toxicroak to do an extra 20 between turns. This is quite a lot! That will be 100 after the first turn then 60 a turn with no Toxicroak, 120 and then 60 a turn with one Toxicroak, 140 and then 80 a turn with two Toxi, and so on. It really accumulates. The fact that the Crobat can't be KOd the turn it evolves (without some sort of shenanigans like your opponent playing Rope and Boss) makes it even better. They can do the poison to one Pokemon, your opponent retreats, and that Crobat will then poison another.

    Piers is not a very popular supporter but it really works in this deck. Being able to find Golbat and Crobat means you can draw cards as well as find Pokemon, and it allows you to find any energy, e.g. your triple acceleration.

    So, how to play? Well, the ideal board state is to have a Crobat attacking, 2-3 Toxicroak (Either 2 and a Snorlax, or 3) and then two slots for bats- this should be a couple of Golbat, or a Golbat and a Zubat. You always need a Golbat plus another bat on the bench so that if your Crobat gets knocked out you can evolve a new one. You need a spare Golbat or Zubat so you can also evolve that and draw some cards. One of the most important things is always developing your bats on the bench.

    So obviously you want to play towards that as much as possible. Use those quick balls, level balls etc as much as possible early on. It can be worth stalling/playing slow, because you need two Golbat ready before you go. Even though it's an evolution deck I think I prefer to go second- it's too easy to have a bad setup and just get donked, or just never be able to keep up. Snorlax is very helpful for setting up and taking a hit. As your opponent is going to have to take 6 KOs it's okay if a couple of Pokemon get KOd.

    One consideration is that although you have 4 Triple Accel, you are going to need to attack more than four times. So at some points you are going to have to attach twice to one of your bats (e.g. with a Twin and a Capture).

    Also be careful about burning through your Evo Incense. It's your only search for Unbroken Bonds Crobat (NB that is psychic and so Piers can't find it).

    3. Comments on deck list

    I changed the original SAbleyes list as follows:

    • Changed 4-4 Toxciroak to 4-3 to make space for another Snorlax- the reasoning was that with Snorlax being important early you won't get 3 Toxicroak in too many games. 2 is the usual.
    • Cut one Twin Energy to make space for another Piers- the deck was drawing a bit too much energy and this seems enough
    • Cut two Dust Island to make space for Chaotic Swell and Wave of Fans- I love Dust Island but it doesn't have an effect when the opponent retreats manually (including with Balloon or U-Turn Board). Also with so much Swell and various decks that play 3-4 copies of stadiums, it just seems like this is going to get bumped and rarely pay off. At one point I had Absol instead of Dust Island, since manually retreating is so popular. But bench space is so tight. Wave of fans is cuttable- right now I have it in because I had a run where I saw grass and water special energy which both stop Crobat's poison, and because a bit of disruption is always good.

    As always, comments and feedback welcome, especially for people who try the list.

    submitted by /u/JauntyAngle
    [link] [comments]

    What's the answer to ADP?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Returning player after 5 years away from the game. ADP seems like a stupid broken card, with Fairy mons now taken away from the game, and quite pointless to use as a Tech in my deck. I literally see ADP, and I feel like I'm almost in an auto-loss situation.

    The GX move seems way too powerful for 2 energy, even if they are different. Aurora energy + a Metal deck just solves that issue. How is this card not banned? I don't know what the meta is and I'm playing a random deck that has a decent 60-70% winrate so far in my Versus matchups, but Zacian-ADP decks are just near impossible to beat when they play normally and don't get hand-locked.

    submitted by /u/terabellum-
    [link] [comments]

    Don't you love it when your opponent Marnies you and gives ya the game winning Boss's orders? It feels too good.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    My first secret rare!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    My little collection of chonkychu coins, want the silver and silver dot but haven't seen them available sadly.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    14 Card Code Giveaway!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    Hi everybody! I've opened an art shop a few months ago and the Pokemon community has been super supportive of me so I thought I would do a small code giveaway!

    I have codes from the following:

    • x1 Sun & Moon
    • x1 Venusaur VMAX Battle Box
    • x2 Sword & Shield - Battle Styles
    • x2 Shining Fates
    • x1 Darkness Ablaze
    • x3 Vivid Voltage
    • x2 Sword & Shield - Rebel Clash
    • x1 Sun & Moon - Unbroken Bonds
    • x1 Sword & Shield

    To enter, comment your favourite Pokemon card below! I'll be giving 1 pack per person via DM until I run out! 🥰

    EDIT: Code cards have been claimed!

    submitted by /u/Oppapills
    [link] [comments]

    Corviknight Vmax vs decidueye

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    I just want clarification, do corviknight vmax ability allow it to cause damage and penetrate decidueye ability?

    submitted by /u/SasoriTheCollector
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry, but I'm showing off my very first Vmax on a Sunday! :D

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    Inteleon VMAX Help

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been really interested in getting into a new deck and I've set my sights on Inteleon. I ripped a well performing list off of Limitless but it looked and felt really weird and I'm overall lost/confused on how to build the list effectively.

    Bouncing 1 energy to hand doesn't do a whole lot to welder decks, Zacian decks (metal decks in general), or either of the Urshifu Lists in my experience, as they can either ramp faster than I can deny energy or their attacks have such low costs it doesn't matter. My initial list ran hammers and yell grunts and it helped lock down opponents but I was often unable to set up faster than the opponent. The spread damage Inteleon offers also doesn't seem terribly impressive as compared to something like Rapid Strike, Dragapult or Blastoise. I'm just unsure what the goal is with Inteleon because the two main focuses just looking at the attacks on the card don't seem cohesive enough to provide a consistently winning strategy. Maybe I'm just looking at the card the wrong way?

    I guess more than anything else, is Inteleon even worth it as compared to a Blastoise, Lapras or something like a water box Mewmew? I recently invested a good amount into water staples and I want to get a deck I enjoy out of it.

    submitted by /u/iQuellv
    [link] [comments]

    I have finally collected every single Charizard card available...

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    Suggestions for Tournament decks?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    I just built a budget mad party deck, while great to grind in normal vs, I'm struggling a bit in tournaments. What deck(s) should I be working towards? What mons should I trade for and packs to get?

    submitted by /u/flamix13
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new to PTCGO, what should I do to get ahead?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    I only recently found out that you can play ptcgo without buying real pokemon card packs so iv been playing for about 2 days now. Is there a beginner f2p guide on getting into it?

    So far I've bought the rillaboom theme deck (having tons of fun, and I love rillaboom), unseen depths and relentless flames, and I have 12 tournament tickets but haven't spent any yet. I saw some advice saying not to open packs, but all the boosters I've gotten so far had the lock symbol so I guess they can't be traded?

    Any advice or being pointed the right way would be great!

    submitted by /u/NearquadFarquad
    [link] [comments]

    Shout out to before rotation when I pretty much dominated the ladder with my favorite deck of all time. It was sad to see it go so I tried to give it the best exit I could. I’ll always love this deck.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    Are the older decks in the shop (specifically Heart Gold & Soul Silver decks) obsolete?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    I just started this game today. I found the oldest decks in the store are from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, my favorite games. My friends said anything before Sun and Moon is too weak in TCGO, is this true? Would my coins be better spent on the newer releases in order to have a chance?

    submitted by /u/TheFastestSlaking
    [link] [comments]

    HOLY MOLY! After a series of duds, I freaking pulled two Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAXs in row! Thank the lord!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    How to know what packs to use as currency for older cards

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    So I'm wanting to pick up some stuff from older sets, XY and earlier, and I'm not sure what packs I should be using as currency.

    I've noticed a fair amount of older cards will have trade listings asking for older packs but also in general there isn't a lot of those older cards on the public trade market. So since I'll be making my own offers I was wondering would it be better to offer BST/Fates packs or would it be better to offer something like Roaring Skies and B&W era packs? Also in general I'm just looking for more normal cards like reverse holos and stuff not like golden items and stuff, if that makes a difference.

    I mainly just don't want to sit here wasting time and possibly coins to just have trades that will for sure never be picked up.

    submitted by /u/Nico_Is_Life
    [link] [comments]

    As a new player, I find the Guzzlord GX decks hilarious. (A terrible player's experience running one)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    By new, I mean new to PTCGO. I used to play the TCG when I was a kid, but stopped collecting cards and playing shortly after the rocket set came out. I got back into the game in the last week, and have been playing around as a passing interest rather than intending to stick with the game for more than a few weeks.

    After seeing a bunch of people here talking about Guzzlord GX decks, I wanted to try playing one. A friend gave me the codes for packs to trade for one, so here I am going on versus and playing 5 turn games with a deck consisting of 1 Guzzlord GX and 59 energy.

    Playing with the deck it immediately became apparent that it isn't really viable for actual serious play, but somehow it still manages to beat a lot of people. Instead of it being a game of your skill in creating a deck and playing with it, the whole game is your starting RNG vs your opponents starting RNG. If you get your Guzzlord GX without having to mulligan many times you have a shot, but when you mulligan 10+ times you might as well consider it game over. At this point my record was 38 mulligans, and almost managing to run out my opponents deck since he drew every card. The obvious solution would be getting more Guzzlords to cut down on the mulligans, but that would require me to ask a friend for another favor, and I would rather not ask too many favors when I don't plan to stick around with the game for very long.

    I find it hilarious that this deck can win matches. Either my ELO (or equivalent rating) is just that low that the people I'm facing aren't very good, or this game (and this card) is just that unbalanced.

    As a side note, why are the bots in the "Trainer Challenge" so terrible? They often spam their first attack even if they have the energy to do their second attack, even when it means they're wasting a turn and not doing any damage. I have yet to see one of the bots retreat, even when that's the difference between winning or losing. Often you can just pass every turn if you get a pokemon with a resistance to the opponent's starting pokemon or an ability like Plump Body to effortlessly (albeit slowly) win a match against those bots.

    submitted by /u/1337potatoe
    [link] [comments]

    Who is in the Pokemon Team Challenge? And how do you get in the Top 256 teams?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Trying a new TCG soon; want to take a moment to hone my deck building in different games I can already play first.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    Some cards for a few of you

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    I managed to take a win over a poison Eternatus with my attempt at a Luxray deck. They had a slow start, but it's definitely a fun deck to play. Has anyone else tried Luxray yet? (Decklist in comments)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment